Friday, June 06, 2008

Still moving in....

Since our internet STILL isn’t working and we’re only periodically able to hop onto a neighbor’s wireless I’m going to type my post then try posting it! Ha! Reminds me of being in Russia and having to pay for the internet… we’d always type up our emails then only get online to send them! I guess I think I’m pretty smart, huh?

I am so behind on reading everyone’s blogs! I can’t wait to get caught up. I “miss” you all. :)

Update on our couch: **Warning – long and lots of Esther talk…**What the heck…when we bought the couch on Memorial Day we were told it’d be in to their warehouse on May 29th and then delivered June 3rd. Great. We even did not get the color we originally wanted because that one would have to be special ordered, we went with the color they had “in stock” supposedly. This week I’ve talked to our sales girl from RC Willey like six times. Mind you I’ve had to call her each time and twice she’s said, “did you get my message?” when the first time there was no voicemail on any of the three phones we have and the second time she called the house phone that’s not connected even when I’d SPECIFICALLY given her my CELL PHONE number the day before and asked her to call that. Geesh! So funny – on Tuesday, the day it was supposed to be delivered, she told me, “ok, it looks like everything is here except one piece, the wedge… it should be here tomorrow… any day... you’ll be the first to know… blah blah blah.” Two days later. I call her after not hearing anything – she tells me, “ok, great, mmm hmm, ok, yeah, it looks like we’re just missing two pieces…” I cut her off, “Oh really? Two, huh? Cause two days ago it was one piece, remember, the wedge?” Grr. I just feel like she’s making crap up and can’t keep her stories straight. ANYWAYS! Sorry for the long vent/story! Maybe you wish I hadn’t thought of this whole type it out then post it thing cause now I can go on forever! ah ha! I talked to her tonight and she said, in a very calm normal voice that the wedge piece will be in on either the 27th, 28th, or 29th. I almost screamed. “Of JUNE?!?!” I basically told her that was completely unacceptable and ridiculous since when we bought the couch we got that color because it was supposed in stock and blah blah and after arguing with her for 10 minutes I said, “well, just bring the rest of the couch now!!” Duh. Niether one of us had thought of that. So it should be coming on Tuesday. And then we can wait for the final piece till the end of the month. I can deal with that. I just need some place to sit my little bum down.

We need furniture! We just haven’t had a lot of time to look and Rob has decided to have an opinion about everything so I can’t pick it out myself but he’s so busy with work… ahhh! We’ve been sitting on the kitchen floor to eat and there’s no other furniture at all… no cable, no internet, no dumpster, no mailbox, no COUCH!

I think this next week will be a good one. Hopefully most of these things will resolve themselves and we’ll have a normal house. But I do love our place. It’s beautiful and new and big and great. I’ll take more pictures! Here's some random ones!


Robby showing some love to Hannah, one of Kristin's girls. Kissing - it's my favorite "trick" of his.


Robby being so proud of himself for finishing a whole tootsie pop! He was so excited that he was given his very own.


I have tried hard to keep Robby away from my bad soda habit but the other day I gave him a little sip and then he frantically did all his usual signs for "give me" (more, please, thank you...) and when those didn't work he turns to me to give me a kiss complete with the cute little "mmmwaa" noise we do when we kiss.... so cute! How could I resist?


Here's Robby on the balcony outside our master bedroom - it's been nice that I can be unpacking or working in there and let him play on the balcony. He mostly just yells/talks to the construction people and the birds but he enjoys it. You can see the pool behind the clubhouse there from our balcony which is nice! We're on the second floor....


And behold all our boxes! And of course there are tons more in the bedrooms! We've made a ton of progress but still have a long way to go before feeling totally "set up." Can't wait!

9 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

hey lady- the house is looking so much better. You've been working your tail off- Oh & a couple of the pics aren't working.

Scott said...

You know what would look great in that new house?
A big screen TV. A large couch, and the Carter's over for movie time :)

Lobdell family said...

Did they give you a discount on the couch? I hope so. Good luck unpacking and enjoying your new home.

Anonymous said...

Robby looks like he's having a grand time "helping out"! :D

Cindy said...

I'm SO sorry about your couch! That stinks... I would be so upset too! But you're right, your place is REALLY cute! I love it! We can't wait to come back! :)

Cindy said...

I'm SO sorry about your couch! That stinks... I would be so upset too! But you're right, your place is REALLY cute! I love it! We can't wait to come back! :)

Tiffany said...

so annoying about your couch!! What a pain. Glad you loving your new place!

Tara said...

Your apartment is so darling, great work. I still want to see pictures of the couch minus the wedge, it looks like it is still going to look so good.

katd said...

Just wanted to send some support - moving is at the bottom of my list of things I can handle:) I hope it finishes up quickly for you guys!