Sunday, November 14, 2010

Marie Diane Jeppson

Olivia's sweet mother, Marie, passed away last week... Tuesday morning... After her first stroke in 2001 I know her health has been very bad and life was pretty difficult for her. I've watched over the last 9 years as the roles reversed and Olivia became the care provider for her mother... as an only child and with her parents divorced this became such an important role in Olivia's life! I know we were there to help with the occasional move or cleaning party but for Olivia she saw and served her mom almost daily.

More importantly I know that Olivia loved her mom and now she misses her. To have her mom no longer a 10 minute drive away will take time to adjust to....

I know Marie is in heaven with the ability to run and sing again - our testimonies of the Savior and the plan of salvation have truly carried us this week and I know this knowledge comforts Olivia tremendously.

I'm so grateful for Marie and for her raising the wonderful daughter that is my best friend... I know she will be watching from heaven, smiling down on Olivia with pride.


3 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Thanks Es, I really appreciate all of the sweet posts you guys have been doing. It means a lot to me that you knew my mom before her stroke and that you've always been there to help me and her out.

Malea said...

That is so sweet, Es. I'm so glad you pointed out how Liv had switched rolls with her mom in the past years. And that she will see her again. Thanks for sharing.

da Mamma said...

Thank you for the tribute to Marie Jeppson, Esther. We all loved her, before and after her strokes. She is missed and is now singing with her beautiful voice again! Bev Stephenson
(Malea's Mom and admirer of all you lovely ladies! Thanks for loving our Malea!)