Saturday, February 11, 2012

Good times...

We are getting closer and closer to this baby coming and it is so exciting! :) I feel like it takes me forever to compose a blog post and to add pictures so it's been hard to keep updating this but I also don't want to forget the things that have been happening!

I was lucky enough to have a super fun baby shower - the girls decided to do a joint one for me and Liv and we had a great time. Thanks especially to Linds who hosted and put together an amazing time! :)




I had a birthday! I turned 29. Since my favorite thing to do is to go out to eat I figured I'd use my birthday as an excuse to go out twice! Once with my girls, then once with my family. So fun! It's just weird that I turned 24 before I had Robby - now five years later I'm the same amount pregnant pretty much...

Outback with the girls...


Cheesecake Factory with the fam...



Mini party at Taba's.... Robby was pretty disappointed we didn't have a PARTY at our house for my birthday but when it's my birthday I don't really want to do all the work for a party for myself. :) So we had cupcakes (Thanks Becca!) and blew out candles and opened presents at Taba's after the adults went to dinner! 

Love Robby's hand on my tummy... he and Annie are pretty possessive about this baby! Annie loves to touch my tummy and feel the baby kick! It's nice that Andrew and Becca have shared their kids for so long with us and now I get to share a little sister for Annie! :) Love it. 

I've been trying to stay busy and get the house as ready as possible for baby! Liv and I have been going to the gym and doing some good walks and lots of stretching and chatting. Trying to stay moving!
 35 weeks! Feels like my tummy has really *popped* in this picture!

Today I took Robby to go see Puss N Boots with Liv and her kiddos and that was a lot of fun! He loved it! The last movie in a theater he's been to was Toy Story 3 years ago with my mom... dollar theater is a great idea for kids! :)

Tonight got to go out with some ladies for chips and salsa which is always fun! Just trying to make the most of these last few weeks! Soon I won't be having any ladies night outs!

I've got a countdown for the rest of the weeks all the way through 42 weeks with things I have planned to do to keep me busy and looking forward to the time! It's hard because Robby came at 38 weeks so I'm trying to get everything ready and be prepared in case I am lucky enough to go early again but also trying to mentally be prepared to go late if needs be! (since I won't be getting induced or anything) I'm trying to do fun things with Robby while it's still just the two of us during the day. This time with him is so special and I know I'm going to miss it!

On that note - I'm trying to think of ways to make Robby feel special and ease the transition when little sister does come! He's super excited and I know he'll love the baby and be really helpful but it'll still be a huge adjustment for him to go from getting all of mommy's attention all the time to sharing me! If anyone has any suggestions on how to make this easier for him please feel free to share!! :)

Meanwhile I'm feeling pretty good, having tons of braxton hicks contractions, need a nap pretty much every day, but am just happy!!!!!! Can't wait to meet our little miracle baby! And no we do not have a name yet - hopefully it won't take us too long to decide once we meet her but we'll just have to wait and see!

1 comment:

Olivia Carter said...

We do have an awful lot of fun together don't we? And we have some pretty darn fabulous friends!