Monday, October 03, 2011

Soccer

We signed up to do a little homeschool soccer program which was just every Friday for the month of September and Robby got to be on a team with Annie and absolutely loved it. Well, the first week he was super nervous and didn't want to be on the field unless he was holding Annie's hand tightly - yes, even while they were running. It was kind of cute... He was so scared and had anxiety all week about going again to soccer - he'd wake up in the morning and the first thing he'd ask me in fear was what day it was and was it soccer... it was so weird cause I knew he'd have a blast once he warmed up to it. Sure enough the next week was a million times better!

His group was the 4-7 year olds and there were a lot of kids and since it's pretty much just parents volunteering and running it there weren't a lot of coaches so it started out as just 2 big teams! The kids would spend the first few minutes doing "drills" or practice kicking the ball and learning a few things about the game and then would play a game. It was so cute! The kids would just follow the ball around in one big pack... I got a little video but can't get it to upload all the way so if I figure that out I'll add it.


Robby also got some sock-shingaurd things and he thought that was pretty awesome. He was brave on his last week and even got to try being goalie!

Now he wants me to sign him up for soccer again right now but we will probably wait for spring and I don't know how he'll do if he doesn't have his trusty cousin Annie with him but we'll see! This was definitely a good introduction to soccer for him and a taste of being on a team.






1 comment:

Olivia Carter said...

Aw, that looks like so MUCH fun! I need to sign up my kiddos for something.