Monday, February 01, 2010

You've had a birthday - shout hurray!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes and messages! In some ways I can't believe a whole year has passed and yet so much has happened...

I had a great weekend! Celebrated with the girls by going out to eat at the Cheesecake Factory Saturday night! (girls email me your pictures! :))

Sunday the Primary sang Happy Birthday to me and look at the adorable little cake a friend at church made for me - thanks, Dareth!


Robby and I quickly devoured it when we got home from church!


We had a little party hosted by Andrew & Becca - made delicious Cafe Rio salads, more to come on that...


Played a little drinking game... ha ha.... I thought it would be fun to do a taste test with lots of different kinds of sodas! Rob was in charge and he did a great job!
We had 7 different kinds, all colas, and people tried guessing w/o knowing what kinds they even were but it was really hard! Even knowing what the options were it was pretty tricky!

Coke, Diet Coke, Diet Coke w/Lime, Coke Zero, Dr. Pepper, Diet Dr. Pepper, and Pepsi.

I'm pretty adamant about the fact that I dislike Pepsi so I knew I better get it right or I wouldn't be able to show my face again! Luckily I did! It was fun to actually test it out and even though it was really hard everyone did pretty well!


I do love being "Aunt Esther".... look at all these cute kids!

So it was a great birthday!

"One year older and wiser too!" It's true. And I don't mind getting older. I'm 27. I'm wiser for the experiences I've had this past year... it's been kind of a hard year but I'm grateful for my family and friends who support me and make my life so filled with joy!

4 comments:

The Romney Family said...

Happy Birthday again, Esther! Glad we could join in the festivities on Sunday--especially that "drinking game." haha What a fun idea (and a great excuse to drink lots of soda)! I loooove the picture of you with all the kids (and the fact that my child is just sitting there playing chess by herself...what the heck? haha).

Smithy said...

what cafe rio recipe did you use? I've been wanting to make it forever!

Cindy said...

I'm sorry I missed your birthday Esther! I need to be better at keeping track of things AND writing them down! It looks like you had a good one!
We did that soda guessing game at our family christmas party too. Coke, Pepsi, cherry coke, cherry pepsi, dr pepper, and mr pibb! I was able to get all of them (I don't know if that something I should be proud of... :)
Can't wait to see that cafe rio recipe. We've been trying several different ones for the meat but haven't found one we really love! Do post!!!

Dayna said...

Happy (much belated) BIRTHDAY!!!! Sounds like an awesome weekend in celebration for YOU. and I love your new do!!! I am a fan of changing up hair on a regular basis (if you couldn't tell that about me already;) .