Thursday, January 28, 2010

Robby randoms....



(pictures from today before haircut)

Robby was on the phone with his little uncle Andrew... he was saying thank you for the Christmas presents he'd sent to him. Robby was holding the football from him but wanted the teddy bear so he asked Rob to go get it. Rob jumped up and ran into his room to get it. Robby looks at me with a sweet little face and says, "He is a date wunner." (great runner) "My dad is a date wunner." So hilarious. I think I say that sometimes because that really is one of Rob's many strengths - if we forget something from the house he'll run back super fast and get it... he's good at hustling. Anyway it was just so funny to hear Robby say that.

Today we got his hair cut at Cookie Cutters. Last time he did a little better with the buzzers than this time. "I'm a hiddle bit scared," he kept saying. But he was so excited to look in the mirror and see his "cute piky hair."



(with his best bud Berto - looked like little twinners today!)

Today I curled my hair (trying new things) and then wore some fancier shoes. Robby looked at me and said, "Oooo, you hook hike a prin-hess now!"
Me: "Thanks, Robby."
Robby: "But maybe you hood wear a skirt."
Me: "Oh really? No, it's cold and it's not Sunday, I want to wear jeans."
Robby: "Well, you could wear the blue things... the blue things to keep your legs warm."
Me: "Tights?"
Robby: "Yeah! You can wear tights! And wear a skirt."
I wore tights for probably the first time in his life to church last week. I would rather be cold usually but I was trying some out. He's just so particular and observant.

Driving through the underground library parking lot - at "Pro-bo hibrary" as he calls it.... we see a group of older people walking to their car...
Robby: "Were dose people in the hibrary?"
Me: "Yes."
Robby: "Oh, I didn't hee them. Maybe next time I will hee them."
Sure. You are crazy. :) I didn't really say that but I did laugh.

"Mom, is your hair down?" He asks as I sit here writing this. As he has asked me at least 4 other times today.

Sometimes he sounds like he's German with all his extra h's and hhhhgghh sounds.

Robby: "Mom, I hove you ho ho ho HOOOOO much!"

Robby: "Can I comb your hair, mom? So you can be a prin-hess too?"

He is such an awesome kid.... I love him ho ho hoooo much. :)


8 comments:

Tara said...

Ok he is darling! Thanks for providing me some late night laughs!

Olivia Carter said...

He's such a great kid! Thanks for going with us to get the cut. I think it made all the difference for Berto-bear. And you looked SO CUTE with your curler hair!

AP said...

he is so funny! i'm so glad we get to hang out with him a lot and see his bursting personality in action :-)

Erika said...

he makes me smile here in iowa!

Smithy said...

Love the Robby stories...I like the new blog design too!

Cindy said...

Robby such a cute kid! I love his randomness! He reminds me SO much of Jack! I wish I could see them together. Jack notices everything too! It's really weird!

Dayna said...

I love the Robby quotes!!! Hilarious!! My favorite was the one about the skirt. "Yeah! You can wear tights! And wear a skirt." So funny!!

Dayna said...

I love the Robby quotes!!! Hilarious!! My favorite was the one about the skirt. "Yeah! You can wear tights! And wear a skirt." So funny!!