Sunday, January 10, 2010

Robby randoms....

I just can't get enough of this little kid! He makes me laugh every day and constantly surprises me! He's always saying something that makes Rob and I look at each other like, did he really just say that?


Excited to eat apart his little gingerbread house...


That's right buddy.... go at it....

Robby steps on the scale in my bathroom, "what time does it say, mom?"
"Um... you weigh about 30 lbs...."

Putting a bag of apples in the scale at Macey's, "what time is it, mom?"
Mom: "Not what time is it - ask, 'how much does it weigh?'"
Robby: "How much it weigh, mom?"
Mom: "Look where the needle is - between what two numbers?"
Robby: "Um.... 2.... and..... 8!" (it was btwn 2 & 3 - hey 3 can kind of look like an eight.)
Mom: "Between 2 & 3! So it's 2 and a half! Like you!" Picture his big smile....

Obviously we need to work on teaching him the difference between telling time and measuring weight.

Sometimes we ask him a question and he won't know the answer so we'll tell him and then he says, "Ask me ______(whatever the questions is) and I will say _____ (the answer)." Like a re-do.

The other day I said something to him and then explained the word handsome, "it's like the guy version of beautiful. Do you think mommy is beautiful?" (yes I know I was obviously digging for a compliment but hey, what's the harm there?)
"Mmm, you are beautiful when you put on a preedy dress with a preedy scarf." He replies thoughtfully.
"Oooh, so you don't think mommy is beautiful right now?" (with no make up and my hair in a ponytail)
"No." He says quickly. Then with a very serious face he says, "Don't cry."
Ah! I didn't cry. I laughed. Very hard.

And the kid does nothing to improve my opinion of myself in a ponytail - my close friends will tell you - I HATE the way I look in a ponytail. I think I look drastically different and just horrible. Bleh. And it's just funny Robby is always telling me, "don't put ya hair up mom!" or "leave ya hair down mom!" It's so funny that he has an opinion on it! He used to be so bugged by it all the time, now he's more used to mom's ponytail... and knows if we're going to the gym it's a must.

His latest favorite book is a version of The Three Little Pigs. It's a weird version where the pigs have a waffle business and at the end the wolf's meanness is "burned" out of him! "The wolf was mean and now he's nice!"

Robby was pretty disappointed today to not have nursery - we just had stake conference. He loves seeing his friends there and loves his teachers. After church today he was making pretend phone calls to "nursery." "Oh hi... daddy is making my table... and... mommy is fixing my scarf.... ohhh! ha ha ha!"


Talking to "nursery" on the phone...


Daddy putting together the little Ikea table & chairs we got the other day... Robby "helping"...

So fixing his scarf - I'm crocheting him a little blue scarf since he's been wanting one. I'm almost done. But everytime he sees me sitting and reading or doing something else he'll say, "mom, work on my scarf!" And then he constantly wants to see how long it is! "Mom, let's see if it dovers my neck now!" then 2 minutes later... "let's see if it's honger and honger now, mom!" Promise Robby, it takes a little longer than that to make it "honger and honger."

Yesterday he woke up at 4:30 in the morning crying... I had barely fallen asleep (having random sleep issues lately) so I listened for a while seeing if he'd go back to sleep. He sounded very awake - not a good sign. I opened the door and he immediately said, "I spitt-ed up mom!" He was so scared and so sad!! My heart just broke for him!

All day yesterday he was burning up with a fever but didn't spit up anymore, thank goodness. He was happy to watch Dora and Little Einsteins on the couch and drink water-juice from a straw.... and when I put him to bed I rocked and sang him to sleep... he's still my little boy... and even though he was feeling better tonight I still held him and let him fall asleep in my arms...


4 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Ah, he's such a sweet little guy. Sometimes Syd messes up the 3 and 8 too. Funny how kids brains work. I don't think I even notices how similar those numbers were until I had a baby. A 9 & 6 too or a 7 and a 1 even a 2 & 5. HA! ANYWAY, moral of the story that Robby Parsons is a cutie-pie!

Cindy said...

Esther, he's such a cutie! I wish we knew him better! I love all the stories... he's such a smart guy!

Jeff and Hayley said...

That "Don't Cry" story is hilarious. What a funny little guy!

Anonymous said...

So cute! And I LOVE the title to this post ;)