Sunday, May 16, 2010

Do the "hope"

Today I walked by nursery and paused at the door, listening for Robby... I overheard them doing their lesson, talking about helping at home...

Maeris (Robby's beloved nursery leader): Robby, I know you help at home! You have a special job you do at home, don't you? What's your job at home?
Robby: Hope.
Maeris: Yeah, to help, and your job is to unload the silverware isn't it?
Robby: (nods then says) And do the hope.
Maeris: Yeah, it's good to help... Dylan, how do you help at home?

I laughed to myself and went to class.... Robby was trying to tell her his other job is to do the SOAP. He helps fill the dish soap in the dishwasher. And Maeris knew he unloaded silverware cause we'd talked about that... anyway it was just a funny reminder that he says lots of things I'm sure people don't understand! And it was very cute to overhear them talking about helping at home... thanks nursery, thanks Maeris! We love you!

3 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

HA! Hope! I love it! That happens to me sometimes. Syd's pretty good at knowing what he's saying & translates. Soap! That's so cute!

Ness said...

Oh Esther, he makes everything fun, doesn't he? (And what a hilarious picture!!)

Cindy said...

This story made me laugh SO hard! That is the cutest thing ever! Jack has a hard time with his 'L's' so it's sometimes hard to figure out what he's saying too! :) Love it!