Monday, August 23, 2010

MARYLAND

We were able to go back home to Maryland to visit both of our families! We spent the first week at Deep Creek Lake with Rob's family and then in Kensington with my family. Rob had to leave before me to get back to UT so he missed out on some of the Pincock fun.

We had such a great time seeing all our family! We missed the beautiful green scenery there, the lake, being so close to the DC temple, some of our favorite food places like Qdoba's and Continentals... but really just being with family was the best!

side note - things we have NOT missed about Maryland: the HUMIDITY & the TRAFFIC!! And for Rob, the gun laws. ;)

I don't envision us moving back there anytime soon but we sure enjoyed the good dose of family time and will need another one soon!

*the Lake*
boat rides, tube rides, waterskiing, barefooting, hot tub, watching movies, getting to see Will & Amanda, kids doing a talent show, naps on the boat, MaryAnn's homemade pancakes and ice cream... we missed Liz & her family! And I can't believe I didn't get more pics of all the bigger/little kids!!! They are all so grown up now!




*Pincock Time!*
staying up late at night, watching SYTYCD, Girls night out... twice, playing at the church gym, laying on Babu's bed, eating lots of ice cream, having my mom put velcro rollers in my hair, visiting Kensington ward, lunch at Lebanese Taverna, going downtown, seeing Grandma Hazel, family Temple Night... but we missed Taba and her family there!




Hopefully one day soon we'll be able to have a reunion where no one is missing. It's impossible these days to get the whole family together - now for both families! But we sure are lucky to be blessed with such great, big, loving families!

4 comments:

Courtney and Tyson said...

That looks like so much fun! Both of our family's live here so it's crazy to me to think of such a long vacation! That's awesome! I love all your picture collages too!

Olivia Carter said...

Looks like SOOOO much fun! I love it! And you got some fab pics

Smithy said...

yay for maryland! I totally don't miss the humidity or traffic either!

Vanessa said...

YEAH FAMILY!!! :)
Great photos, Es!