Saturday, July 31, 2010

Hill Family Reunion

We had a good time attending the Hill Family Reunion last weekend up at Heber Valley Campground. We spent Friday night there in cabins and then spent Saturday doing one of the ropes challenge courses.

**I didn't mention who the Hill Family was! This is Rob's mom's family! So MaryAnn's maiden name was Hill.

Warning: picture overload


Some of the Hill family making treats!


Enjoying smores! He was posing all funny. And thanks Amanda for this awesome fleece, he loves it! :)


Rob was telling stories to Robby and Annie to get ready for bed. Stories about a boy named George which Quattro pronounces "Dordge." After each one ended he would say, "Read me another story about Dordge." How can you say no to that?


Proof I was trying to be a happy camper - despite the lovely woman issues I was having that weekend! Party! Hey, I was happy to be sleeping indoors at least and we weren't freezing cold all night!!


We played this game where we had to swing from one spot to the other... the rope hung between the two places and Rob had to dive out to grab it... I usually hate these kinds of activities but it was actually pretty fun.


Robby couldn't swing across by himself so he held onto Rob to get across. Oh yeah, and we were supposed to all stand on that black mat together - if one fell off it we had to start over. Kind of tricky!


We had two groups, and raced on these wood boards - had to hold on to the ropes and all lift up the same foot at the same time... teamwork...


This one was two cables that formed a V, you held hands and walked down the cables getting farther and farther apart - you had to push against each other's hands to stay up. Annie and Quattro looked so cute doing this!!




Almost there!


"We did it!"


Me and Becca's attempt...


Yay for us!


Andrew and Rob - getting to the end!


Zip line time!


Ok I kind of can't believe I did this so it needed to be well documented. Sorry for all the pictures.
I kind of surprised myself by just climbing all the way up quickly - I was trying to go fast to not be scared.


Oh yeah, let me just walk across this beam all the way up high. No big deal. AH!


One word: PROOF


So proud of mommy! :)


Or you could go like Rob and JUMP off and then not even hold on! I sat down before I got off the platform and ended up bumping my bum on it - so not recommended... but a safer feeling way to go! :)

The last time I went on a zip line I was about 5 years old - I was the test dummy for my brother and his friend's zip line they made in the back yard... let's just say they hadn't quite worked out the "stop" part which they figured out as I slammed into the tree. ;) I survived. The ride at Heber Valley was fun but I'll say for the scariness factor once I finally got going and enjoying myself the ride ended much too quickly.

Wish I'd gotten more pictures of the family but it was a good time!

6 comments:

stephanie said...

Who is the Hill Family?? The only thing I can think of is your friend, Anne - ??

Olivia Carter said...

Wow! That looks like so much fun! Cute pics of that Quatrro kid! He's so sweet!

Esther Noelle said...

Hill Family is Rob's mom's side of the family! Sorry I forgot to mention that! I added it in. Thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

Very cool! Looks like a ton of family fun :)

Courtney and Tyson said...

Looks like fun! That's funny, I just had a family reunion there too a couple weeks ago!

MoJo said...

You look BEAUTIFUL Esther! I love that pic of you. I'm sorry things aren't going exactly as planned for you all. We're keeping you in our prayers and I hope we have good news soon! :)