Tuesday, July 06, 2010

*July 4th*

My parents drove from MD to UT and got here in time to celebrate the Fourth of July with all of us! It was a family-fun packed weekend...

Trunnell Family Gathering


Too bad the picture turned out all spotty... this is my amazing Gran! She had 17 kids! And has about 100 grandkids now...


Quattro so happy to be with his Babu... (my mom)


Annie and Gwen watching the talent show... I asked Robby if he wanted to go up and sing the fight song during the talent show and after a few minutes he said, "mom, come up on the stage and sing the fight song with me!" It turned into me and Rob basically singing it and him whispering it... oh well!

Can't believe I didn't get more pictures from that day...

FIREWORKS



Rob gave all the kids and I motorcycle rides while we waited for it to get dark...


Crazy cousins....


The Carters joined us just in time...


Thanks to the people next to us we had a nice little pre-show...


Robby thought he'd be scared of the fireworks but they weren't too loud! It was a good way to celebrate!

CAMPING

Annie is my little buddy. She kept wanting to sit on my lap...


Luke enjoying an apple...



Annie & Quattro helping me shuck corn... we had corn, hot dogs, pasta salad, and watermelon for dinner....





the kids LOVED playing with the fire... and look how dirty they got!


Robby loved staying up late...


Enjoying this chair... much more comfortable than sitting on the ground. And at one point I made us sing patriotic songs which was fun!


Breakfast... muffins, bananas, eggs...


Rob cookin the eggs...



And I surprisingly SLEPT some on this camping trip! Might've been the 15 inches of padding Rob brought with us for me, including a tempur-pedic mat... but it was quite the miracle! It was nice not feeling so grouchy and tired in the morning! Overall it was a great time! We'll definitely have to do it again...

And who would've thought throughout all these things I was having some of the roughest bad news days I've had in a long time! Grin and bear it... I do have a lot to be grateful for. We're grateful for the wonderful country we live in! Hope everyone had a great Independence Day!

3 comments:

Amanda and William said...

Looks like so much fun!! We love going "Damping" with yall. I love Robby's facial expressions in the last two pictures. He is just so dang big Esther. Love you. Wish I could give you a big hug.

Olivia Carter said...

WHOA! You guys are out of control busy!

And thanks for saving us a spot to watch fireworks. Wish we could have hung out longer- those that darn streeet was stressing me out.

Love the camping pics too!

MoJo said...

Glad to see everyone had fun! Wish we could've been there for the Trunnell Shindig. So many people were there!