Monday, July 12, 2010

Road trip - HELP!

Ok everyone, I posted this on FB and got lots of good suggestions but I'm still looking for more great ideas!

I'm going to be leaving in 2 weeks to drive from Utah to Maryland with my mom... and Robby. I love a good cross country road trip, but I've never done one with my kid! Ah! Robby is pretty good in the car and I think this will be a great adventure but I just want to be armed with as much as possible for this experience!

So for a 3 year old - best movies? Games on itouch? Other games or toys that are great for the car? That will distract him for like 5 hours??? Ahhh! Snacks that aren't too messy?

This is definitely going to be interesting! I'll let you know how we survive!!

6 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Hummm... gummy snacks aren't too messy, coloring (I always buy a new pack of crayons & a brand new THICK coloring book & use those TRAYS so they have a flat surface to color on), lacing cards, stop at a playplace for lunch halfway so he can run around. We drive 11 hours straight to get to Paradise and Syd & Rob do pretty darn well. Let me know if you want to borrow anything from us!

Courtney and Tyson said...

Hey Esther! Now you can find me:) When we drive with Easton we just drive all night so he'll sleep! When we went to Canada I googled road trip games and found some cute Bingo cards with different things for kids to watch out the window for (stop signs, horses, etc...) Easton was a little too young, but I thought it might be fun!

Smithy said...

too bad we weren't in MD at the same time!! I just remember my parents always setting up a bed in the back of the car for us to sleep with a few coloring books and paper dolls. Can't imagine what road trips would've been like with all this new technology

Amanda and William said...

So Im all over this-
aluminum foil modeling, mini car car track- use a shoebox and make it before yall go, pipe cleaners, take a cookie sheet to hold playmobil guys/legos/etc on- then bring some magnets that stick maybe, make a silly sock puppet to introduce (maybe I'll have to send one), colorforms!, make lace cards with cardboard and hole punch of a cosmo cut out or something fun, I would wrap stuff in newspaper and pull it out every so often as a fun surprise, all else fails- hit up the dollar store for little stuff. Wish I was going to be there to entertain. I miss yall.

Grace said...

oh my goodness your blog is so cute! what a cute family, too. your son is adorable! hope your car trip went well! :)

Anonymous said...

Whoa! You are one brave mama... I have no ideas for you, but I hope you have tons of fun :)