Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Am I a brother?


On the way home from Taba's house last night Robby asked me, "Mom, am I a brother now?" Wondering what he thought had changed from earlier today to make him a brother now I replied, "No, why?" And he said in a crying voice, "But I WANT to be a brother now."

I tried to explain, "You're not a brother now but you have cousins that you're like a brother to, and their you're friends. You'll be a brother when mommy has a baby. You'll be the baby's brother when we have one. Okay?" Robby wasn't satisfied: "I want to be a brother TODAY!"

I know, Robby. I want you to be a brother now too.

Tonight I was asking Robby what he was going to do to pay me back for the wave machine he broke (he just broke the stand off of it) so I said, "What are you going to do to help pay for it? Hmm??" He looks at me and says, "take a hower with you?" (shower) Um, no, honey, thank you for that generous offer but that's what YOU always want to do, not me! Then he said, "do some jobs for you?" Yeah, that's more like it. It was just hilarious though, Rob and I had to hold back the laughter. But yeah I can't really take a shower without him running in the bathroom and stripping down and hopping in! No privacy around here!

We have a blast driving in the car, singing along to our favorite songs... the other day we were listening to Justin Bieber's Baby song and Robby loves to sing along to, "when I was 13, I had my first hove." It's so cute! He loves to dance in the car and sing along!

The other day we were eating lunch and he was across the table from me - so, a whole 2 feet away from me - and he's like, "but I want to be near you!"
I said, "you are! You're right next to me!"
He said, "I always want to be near you."
Me: "You are!"
Robby: "No, not when we go to the gym!"
Me: "But you like going to the gym! You play with toys and have fun. It's good."
Robby: "Yeah, but not the part where I'm not next to you."

I sure do love that he loves being with me so much!!!


Wow, this kid just doesn't even know how adored he is and how lucky he is to have all of our attention and not have to share it with a sibling yet! So we'll all just look at the positives and enjoy the time with just Robby cause he is such an amazing little boy. We thank Heavenly Father for him every night!!!! And hope he'll get to be a brother soon.


3 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Aw, that's so cute. "Hop in the shower with you" that SO MY KIDS, mostly Berto. It's like mom can never just shower alone.

We're praying for another brother for Robby too!

Malea said...

What a sweet boy! You know you're a good mom when you're cooler than the toys and kids at the gym! And you're right, he's blessed to have you all to himself!

Megan and Mike said...

that was the cutest blog post ever, robby is sooooo cute, what a sweet boy! my niece keeps asking my sister "when will jesus put a baby in your tummy', kids have a cute way of seeing things.