Wednesday, July 21, 2010

False alarm

Ok everyone who has been worried about me driving across country with my mom can take a deep breath and relax because CHANGE OF PLANS!

My mom decided she didn't really want to leave when I did - I was trying to get there by the time Rob flies in so we can spend time with the Parsons first but she originally had planned to leave the second week of August and that was just going to be much better for her. So Robby and I will be flying out with Rob - still doing driving back and forth to Deep Creek when we're there and 2 long plane rides, on the way back without Rob, but NOT driving all the way across the country. I know this is going to be much easier on us and probably my mom too, I'm a little disappointed to not have our big adventure!

And I feel like I owe an apology to you guys who've been worried about me - especially AMANDA who we have been receiving awesome things in the mail from for our trip! Amanda, I'm sorry!!! But we'll still be having a lot of travel time so we can use all the stuff and Robby will LOVE IT but we won't be as desperate as you thought. Ah!

I have to admit, I'm a little relieved. But I spent HOURS researching games and activities for the car, making a huge list of all the stuff and snacks we'd have, going to stores looking for good little things to buy... so I feel super super prepared for the 4 1/2 hr flights back and forth and 3 hour car drives we'll be doing.

Thanks everyone for all the great ideas - they won't go unused! :)

2 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Happy and sad for you! Have fun & we'll miss ya!

Amanda and William said...

As long as you are coming to my side of the continent I don't care what happens! Just make sure we see you. Please. Has to happen. No matter what.
Im always jealous of Olivia because she gets to see yall so much, so I must admit that I love seeing her say she will miss ya and me saying cant wait to see ya! Sorry Liv. see you soon!!
xoxo