Monday, January 31, 2011

Five Guys... and more...



"Mom, can we go to Five Guys today?"

"Um, what? Why do you want to go to Five Guys?"

"Cause they have lots of peanuts."

"Oh, well mommy is on a diet right now and I can't eat that food so we can't go there today but we will sometime soon, ok?"

"Well, you can just bring your own food there and I will eat."

Oh. OK. It's no surprise he likes to eat out... we are so alike.... and yes, I wish we could go to five guys. Mmm.... cheeseburger....

*********

Robby is so good at always remembering to pray for a baby - when I asked him to say the opening prayer for Primary he was like, "ok, yeah, and I'll bless for a baby..." I tried to explain we didn't have to pray for a baby when we were in big groups and everything but he couldn't really see my logic...

And lately praying for A baby isn't good enough - he's been praying for 3 babies! A boy baby for him to play with, a boy for daddy to play with, and a girl baby for mommy to play with.... sounds like a good idea but triplets would not be my ideal. But like I tell him, we're not going to be picky...

**********

When we went shooting with Rob one day.... Robby sure knows how to strike a pose! :)



I just want to bite his cute little cheeks!


Today (my birthday) Robby tried to let me rest for a little longer after Rob left for work. When I was up and getting out of the shower he said, "Daddy told me to call him when you got out of the shower."

okaaaayyyy.... so he called Rob and they were having a discussion about what to get me for my birthday. It was so cute. Robby was so excited and he said, "Don't histen, mom! Don't histen."

He just looked so grown up - he knows how to call Rob from my phone and loves to do it. Later in the afternoon he wanted to call dad to find out what he'd ended up getting me... just takes my phone and calls his dad... so cute.

************

He put on his button up shirt and tie and came up to me and said, "Mom! I'm going visiting teaching. Now I just need a hesson..." (lesson)


Robby is just so hilarious and makes me laugh with all the crazy stuff he says like when he tips his head to the side and raises his eyebrows and says, "not at all" or "don't hook mom... don't hook till I tell you to..." um... that always means he's trying to do something tricky. I think he really thinks I won't know/notice what he's doing if he tells me not to look, or "hook".

He likes to send emails to Rob while he's at work... I let him type random letters on the keyboard and then I transcribe what he says. This was his last one:

"i hove you we hike you i wish you could be home today and i wanna go to target with you but if you're not here i wouldn't hike to do that but i need to go to target with mommy so i wish i could see you bye.

from robby

robby

i love you daddy

i hove you dad. i couldn't have known what you done can you tell me what you have done i mean can you tell me what you are doing and what you were doing and then can you write a message and tell me that on i love you robby bye"

And this was his to me that Rob typed for him while I was at a meeting on Sunday:

",lollll;llkkllllkopkgkckjkjhhnryyftuuh7q5ghhgugdhttgtgyguyujdyyuguigusyuiuyu

I hove you and Jackson is the one with 5 many dollyers. I hove you. That means go up in the mountains. I hove you and I wish you could stay here and go with us and have fun and watch us do kawatee and you wouldn't see the price that you have been living on is a baby. "

************


Basically, I just love my little Robby. He is awesome and we are so lucky to have him.


4 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Great post! I love that Robby kid!

Smithy said...

oh man... love the robby stories. what a funny kid!! And so grown up. what?!

RS said...

That is one funny little guy. So cute and lovable! You look beautiful in that last picture! Happy birthday!

Katie

Dink said...

Robbie is soo cute!! He is one special kid! I like the openness to those multiples!! We may just be in it together one day!! Hopefully soon!!