Thursday, February 24, 2011

Pincocks

For Christmas this year I helped organize this gift for my parents. I saw it on someone's blog last year and knew immediately I wanted to do this! It's such a cute idea! Every year I put together "grandkids" calenders for my parents and Rob's parents - they love them but it's no surprise anymore. So! I saw this and realized we have 7 kids that would perfectly spell out PINCOCK and knew we had to do it!


They were SO surprised and loved it!



So we asked everyone to dress in dark colors and take the pictures outside so they'd look similar. Then we made them all b&w to add even more uniformity. For the letters we used large white posterboard - taking up as much of it to make each letter as we could. It helped that Ness happened to be in UT for the weekend and I had her help me make all our letters! :)

Here's where I got the idea from.

10 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Oh man, this is just the BOMB IDEA! I may have to steal this idea!

MoJo said...

That's awesome! I'm stealing it too! :)

stephanie said...

So stinking cute! I'm going to have to remember this one.

Tiffany said...

What a fabulous idea! So cute!

Smithy said...

it turned out great!! so cute... and neat to see everyone with their own little families

The Romney Family said...

Love love LOVE this--I want to do it for our family so badly. And I don't want to wait till all four younger kids are married! So annoying... It turned out so beautiful, Es, nice work!

And thanks again for last night! So glad you guys could come celebrate with me. :)

Malea said...

Oh man, I LOVE what you put together! Great idea and SO well executed! I also love seeing each of the families! I wish we had a last name with 6 letters, or my parents had had 10 kids...? I'll figure something cute out and totally copy you. Thanks!

Carolyn said...

what a stinking cute idea! add me to the list of thieves

Lisa and Alan said...

Love it and stealing it!

Katie S said...

Thanks for the idea! I just realized that my maiden name is 6 letters and there are 6 kids in my family. But we'l have to wait a while to try this because my littlest sister is still just 15. :) We don't have enough married couples and grandkids to try this out yet! But I'm definitely keeping this in mind!! SOOO cute!