Friday, February 18, 2011

Thanks for caring

I feel so loved from all of you who've commented, texted, facebooked.... thank you. I'm sorry I made you guys all wait in suspense with me to just once again be let down. :( Luckily not every cycle is like this one... most I can get through without too much wondering about it. Otherwise these last almost three years would've KILLED me.

I don't know how you ladies who are TTC and have long, irregular cycles do it! I've taken for granted my super regular cycles and even the fact they are so short (26 days usually) means it's over and we try again right away... So I can't imagine every cycle going through this long uncertain phase... so emotionally draining...

I just had really really wanted this to be it - the idea of not having to go through doing more fertility stuff was so exciting! I don't want to do invitro, I don't want to figure it out, I don't want to spend thousands and thousands of dollars on it.... ahhhh! But I do want to have another baby. Just one more! Or if we did IVF and got 2 or 3 ok! I just want one more baby and then I won't even ask for another one! Just one sibling for Robby. One more kid. And I don't know why but adoption doesn't feel like the answer for us - at least not right now.

Anyways! Thank you guys for being so supportive and for caring!

One day I'll have good news! I promise!

5 comments:

Dink said...

Maybe though your cycle is getting a bit longer which might help your luteal phase problem! I hope you don't have to do IVF either, it pretty much sucks, unless it works but still sucks to have to go through it all!!

Olivia Carter said...

Ugh. I was so bummed when I got your text today. I just can't believe what a good attitude you always have (even though I know you sometimes feel like you don't, but you do). Sending love your way!

Bekah said...

I think you just have to trust your gut and if it's not saying adoption is the right thing, then it probably is not, right now. I never felt like IVF was right for us. We did meds and IUI with meds, but never did IVF. We felt right about adoption (after 4 years) and miraculously got pregnant 3 months after we filled out all the paperwork. I don't know WHY we were prompted to do the adoption stuff but we were and I can tell you that after it was all said and done, I know my kids came to me at the right time in my life, even if the wait was hard.

And you never know how you will feel after having a second, you may want another and Heavenly Father will prompt you to know if you should attempt to have another. I always thought we'd stop after 2, afterall, weren't we so blessed to have 2? But I just had a feeling we were supposed to have another. And I was so sure that we'd be done with 2 and not take any more fertility drugs or do any treatments.

I know you'll have good news. I hope it is soon. Every day you are one day closer to having that sibling for Robby.

MoJo said...

Oh I'm so sorry. I was so excited for you and thought about you every day...waiting for good news. It's so weird but almost everyone that I know who has adopted has gotten pregnant right after signing paper work for the adoption. My friend that I went to college with had adopted twins and a 3rd and ended up having her 4th 2 weeks after they brought their 3rd adopted child home. Then she found out she was pregnant with a 5th! She is 27 with 5 kids! She said the dr.s said she'll never have her own. Anyway, I'm sure you're doing the right thing. Gut instincts always seem to be right. Good luck!

Liz said...

Thanks for letting us know what is going on. I'm sorry it's hard. I wish there was something I could do..... We will keep praying for you. Love you.