Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Happy Halloween!

 We had a lovely Halloween! Robby decided he wanted to be a football player - surprise surprise! Third year in a ROW. He really considered some other options but couldn't resist his favorite costume. We got together with A&B and Liv&Scott and had a yummy dinner before hand and then Robby had a blast getting tons of candy in their neighborhood! We even added a fun new treat this year - homemade scones! Rob has fond memories of frying up scones on Halloween nights with the Pratts and we were happy to try this! Yum!




We'll definitely have to try these scones again soon - they were sooo good! We made honey butter to go with them and put cinnamon sugar on them... 


 

This morning Robby and I spent a long time looking at his candy... we organized them and counted them... he forgot that we had emptied his bucket into a bag before he went back out for a second round so after we went through the bucket and he was all excited about his goodies I surprised him with his other bag ful and he was soooo happy! Ahhh it was so cute!

 Now what the heck are we going to DO with all this candy??? I think back to my childhood with my pillowcase full of candy and I think we were just allowed to eat it as much as we wanted!!! Also we always stayed home from school the day after Halloween to trade our candy and recover... ahhh good times!

While I want to just let him go at it and have as much as he can eat I can really see a difference in his mood/attitude when he's had too much sugar! Today I had him eat breakfast and then let him eat a bunch of candy. Then we had a green smoothie (heavy on the green today) to try to combat the sugar. But I don't know what to do with the rest... let him pick one piece a day for the rest of the year? Buy it from him? Trade it for something else... hmm... and I'd rather get it out of the house sooner than later so I don't eat it too!

4 comments:

stephanie said...

I've heard of dentists doing a candy buyback. I don't exactly know what's involved but you should see if any in your area are doing that. Some other places will donate to the troops. If he keeps his candy you could have him put one or two pieces in a little snack size bag. And then everyday he gets one of those bags.

Smithy said...

do you think Robby will ever want to be something besides a BYU football player?? hahahahah

Olivia Carter said...

So much fun!

Rachel said...

I know a family that saves their Halloween candy (their cousins do too) and then they all get together in December to decorate gingerbread houses with the candy! I loved that idea. It would be a fun thing to try with the "Utah Cousins" :)