Sunday, December 23, 2007

Now that it's not a secret anymore...

...I can show you what I did!

I was asked to do a 9x9 quilt square for my sister-in-law Amy's wedding - they were putting together a memory quilt and my topic was Provo.... so what's there to love in Provo more than Jamba Juice?

Here's the whole quilt...

I tried to make it look like a landscape shot (see the Y on the mountain) with the Jamba cup in front... to embroider the logo I took a picture of a Jamba cup and then just kind of looked at it as I went... it was so much fun! I love having projects like this to do - it makes me remember that I really would like to be crafty.... still working on that!

So it was supposed to be a surprise so even though I finished this in November I've been holding off waiting to post about it till we gave Amy the quilt which we did last week! We had a fun lunch at Macaroni Grill and everyone who did a square came! Here's our group!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Beautiful job, Es!

Mrs. James Quigley said...

Good job Es. That looks too hard for me. Merry Christmas.

Olivia Carter said...

Es! I looks SO SO GOOD! Better than I imagined! And we'll have to work on that crafty thing together! Gosh, I miss you!