Thursday, June 26, 2008

Big Morning . . .


This morning was a big morning--first we got the rest of our couch in!! At 8:15 RC Willey dropped off the other 2 pieces so we no longer have a hole in our couch. Then at 8:20 the Supreme Court ruled in favor of Heller stating that the D.C. gun ban was unconstitutional based on the 2nd ammendment. It was enough to keep me home from work until 8:45 this morning. Two VERY different things to blog about together but they both happened within 5 minutes of each other--actually I think the ruling was released while RC Willey was here. So really at the same time. I'm happy about how the ruling came out although it's still to be determined how much this will affect gun laws outside of DC or anything short of a full ban on guns. Read about the ruling here:

Here's our couch all put together:
It's just a touch too big for the room--you can see that it hangs over the carpet onto the tile just a few inches which we didn't want to have happen-- but I think we'll keep it. So a month after our couch was supposed to be ready for us RC Willey finally brought the rest of the couch. They did give us a $300 gift card for the problems that we had so we'll go back at least once and give them a second chance.

9 comments:

Kyrsten said...

Long time no hear! The Interior Designer in me wants to space plan your room. :) Obviously I can't see what your house is like, other than what's in the picture, so take this advice as a grain of salt. Try turning your couch so the back of it is parallel with the tile. Glad you finally got it! I've been following your blog this whole time, but I've been a silent reader because of google reader. I'll have to write an email so we can catch up!

Olivia Carter said...

That's terribly exciting- the couch I mean! It looks SO SO GOOD!

The Romney Family said...

Phew! I was so worried about that gun ban. We'll just have to wait to see how it all pans out, but this is definitely good news for now! :) jk But hey, congrats on the couch. It looks awesome.

Anonymous said...

Very nice couch! I think the next time we buy couches we will get something very similar to that. It looks so comfy!

Tiffany said...

hallelujah that it's here! It looks great, and I'm glad that they gave you some compensation for their mistake.

Lobdell family said...

That is a nice couch. Does this decision making any difference on your gun plans?

Sara said...

Like the new couch!!! Brad is totally into guns, so that is good news too :)

Kate said...

it really is beautiful though!! what a lucky little family to have such a nice couch! I think Jordan and I will be poor college students for life!! :)

Snap 'n' the Cheek said...

Parsons! We just came across your blog through someone else's blog, through someone else's blog. . . you know how it goes. Anyway, it looks like you guys are doing great! Your little family is adorable!
Kate and Logan Cowan