Thursday, June 12, 2008

New Furniture

We’re making progress on our house! This week we finally got some couch to sit on! If you remember from my couch saga in the last post we were supposedly only missing one piece and when they came to deliver it on Tuesday lo and behold we were actually missing two! Our dang sales rep had said one piece, no two pieces, no for sure one piece… oh brother… whatever! Here’s what we’ve got so far:

And in contrast to our RC Willey experience…. Saturday we ordered a kitchen table from a store on State street in Provo called All the Great Rooms. First of all we show up and tell them what we’re looking for and they hand us two pieces of furniture to take HOME with us to you know, just see how it looks with our kitchen… just bring it back later, no rush. Okay. Very smart business move on their part. It means you have to go back and you feel more committed to buying something from them but still the customer service was awesome. They told us the table we ordered would take probably two weeks and we paid $25 for delivery service which includes them setting the table up for us – worth way more than that in my opinon! Anyway! They called yesterday and said the table was already in, so, less than a week, and they could deliver it that evening! I didn’t tell Rob and so it was all set up as a surprise when he came home. He couldn’t believe it had already come!

Here’s our cute little nook table:


Talk about two contrasting experiences!

Our internet and cable’s supposed to be set up by “the end of the week.” We’ll see.

And some other really exciting news!!! I got to be at the birth of my sweet little nephew last night! Thanks Taba for letting me come. It was so neat. He still doesn’t have a name but look at this cute face:

I'll post more details about the birth later!

11 comments:

Jennie said...

Es! How fun is this! I can't believe my friends are starting to be home-owners and buying furniture...I mean real non-ikea, gotta get us through the next few years, furniture! Hope the rest of the experience is drama free but everything's looking really cute and we're excited for you :)

Sara said...

Hey Esther!
Congrats on your new place:)It looks really cute, and exciting your getting new furniture! Good luck with getting settled in.... I still find random boxes here and their that I never put away in the right place hahahah

Nancy said...

I love the table nook. It reminds me of Russia. I want one, too...someday! :)

Mrs. James Quigley said...

I love the Table and the stools around the bar, way cute!

Lobdell family said...

Very cute nephew of yours. I like the furniture. WHen is the rest supposed to come in? Are they going to discount you in any way?

April Carter said...

Oh my goodness & that furniture looks EVEN better in person! It's SO CUTE! And Taba's lil' man is adorable! Can't wait to see THE COMPLETE COUCH! & watch a movie over there! And LOST too!

Cindy said...

I LOVE the couches and I can't wait to see the kitchen table. It looks SO good!

Cory said...

Sorry about the couch, but your table is SO darling! Great choice. I didn't even know Taba was pregnant. How fun for them to get a little boy!

Scott said...

That wood corner bench is sweet! Looks like it should be in an english pub. I need to talk Olivia into getting one.

Amanda and William said...

We love the new furniture! Can not wait to see yall in the fall! Hope all is well.

The Romney Family said...

I think I'm in love with your table. I feel such an uncontrollable urge to go out and buy new furniture after seeing all your awesome stuff! Maybe Nathan and I should take it upon ourselves to replace the Santa B stuff--it IS getting pretty old... haha Seriously, though, your table is amazing. (Love the couch too--but it'll be even BETTER when you get those stinkin missing pieces!)