Friday, December 05, 2008

Thanksgiving Part I

We had an awesome Thanksgiving! My parents were in town from Maryland and we all gathered at Andrew & Becca's! After years of enjoying my mom's cooking and other people doing Thanksgiving for me it was fun to do it ourselves! We had an awesome menu with all the traditional items - turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, asparagus, a bunch of pies, Ben's homemade cheesecake, fresh whipped cream.... mmm.....

Just a bunch of Pilgrims and Indians whipping up our feast....




We had the kids make little Apple Turkeys and wrote things they were grateful for on the wings....


Two cute little Indian babies....



Our funny looking families!

10 comments:

gbrooks said...

Esther,

What a cute Thanksgiving idea! And what cute Indians!

Garin (samlovesgarin.blogspot.com)

Olivia Carter said...

Oh Gosh, you guys are SO CUTE! Glad you guys had a good time & i looks like a blast. I will remember this for my future Thanksgivings!

Nancy said...

How fun to all dress up! Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving!

Merrady said...

the pictures of annie and robbie about killed me. TOO CUTE!!!!

Tiffany said...

Love the costumes!

Dayna said...

I love that you guys dressed up for Thanksgiving too!!! It does make it a little more fun doesn't it? You guys all look GREAT in your costumes. How fun!

Marci said...

It looks like a fantastic party! Where did you get the idea to dress up? Give my best to all your fam.

Cindy said...

Looks like you guys had SO much fun! I LOVE your costumes!

Sarah Mickalson said...

so cute!I love that you all dressed up!

ERK, MRK, & GRK said...

What a FANTASTIC idea! Love the costumes!