Monday, February 02, 2009

Maryland

I was able to go home to Maryland for a quick visit last week! I know there are a ton of people at home I wasn't able to see but the time just went by too quickly!

Making cookies with Nani....



Robby loved seeing the temple as we drove around the beltway! Saturday night we stopped by the visitor center and he thought that was pretty awesome. We listened to the message that the big Jesus statue gives and when it was over he said, "more Jzhhee-sus talking!" He would not stand still for a picture though! But isn't the DC temple just beautiful!??


Eating popcorn with Grandpa/Dyedu.... (short for Dyedushka = grandpa in Russian)


Getting to know cousin Joseph! Joel & Kristine's little boy... He's only a few months younger than Quattro! It's so fun to see these guys together.


It was great to see family but we sure missed daddy Rob! I also got pretty beastly sick the last half of the trip which was a pain. :( Hopefully people will come out to Utah to visit cause I don't know when we'll get back east again!

When we did get home last Wednesday, Robby was so confused/disappointed that Daddy wasn't home!! Rob was in Telluride for a ski trip and didn't get back till Saturday afternoon - yes, my birthday. Every day Robby walked around the house, "Daddy! Where are you?" And watching out the window saying, "Daddy, come home!" On Friday we were able to explain, "daddy will be home tomorrow, after your nap!" So all day he was saying, "afwa nap daddy come home!" At one point he even was standing at the front door, whispering, "daddy! come home!"

Saturday Rob came home and woke Robby up from his nap. I sat down next to Rob, who was holding Robby, and Robby pushed me away and said, "No! DADDY!" Like, don't touch me mom, I'm with dad right now....



I'm grateful to be home and to have Rob home - it's not easy to be apart and away from home! Now I'm trying to get back in the groove of working out and eating healthy... but wait! First, my birthday! :)

2 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

I sure missed you! Glad you had fun!

Anonymous said...

what a fun trip. it's always nice to go home!! maryland is beautiful!