Wednesday, February 04, 2009

"Mommy, hold you!!!"

I'm sure there will come a day when I miss the fact that Robby wants to be held by me constantly but my goodness! I can hardly get anything done when he is up! All day long.... follows me around... "mommy! hold you!"

I say, "Robby, should we read some books?" "Do you want a snack?" "Do you want to color?"

Him: "Mommy! HOLD YOU!"

or like this...

Robby: "Milk! Mommy! More milk!"

Me: "Ok, let's go to the kitchen and get you some." I start to walk from my bedroom to the kitchen...

Robby: "NO! Mommy hold you!" And then he will freak out if I do not pick him up....

And some times I can understand that maybe I'm not giving him as much attention as he'd want - like I'm trying to do laundry, heaven forbid!, or the dishes.... but I haven't even been trying to read a book of my own or anything....

Anyways! Again, I'm grateful for my little momma's boy! I am! I love him to death and like my mom says, "he's my biggest fan!" And I know it will all fly by all too quickly.... But I'm just not sure the best way to fulfill his mommy fix! Any ideas??? Or at least just thanks for letting me vent! :)

And have I told you what a cute boy he is?

The other day I asked him to give me a kiss, which he did, and then he said, "kiss forhead", then, "kiss cheek", then "oder one cheek"..... so I got kisses all over my face! It was so cute!

Today at the grocery store Rob was getting something out of the frozen section and Robby was trying to open one of the freezer doors himself and Rob said (jokingly), "You're weak sauce! You need more muscle!" And Robby said, "I need more muscle!" If you can imagine that in his sweet little voice it was pretty hilarious...

Maybe what I need to do is remember this image when he's saying, "Mommy, hold you!"



And he really is my little buddy....


And I love him! Snouffy face and all!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet. Just listen to the country song "You're Gonna Miss This" over and over and over as a coping mechanism. :)
And I sure hope he at least allows you to do the mommy a little bit soon!

Olivia Carter said...

Ah, he's such a sweet lil' guy!

Anonymous said...

i love it, that's so sweet!! max goes in and out of the holding stage. it's so hard. i want to love it!!

my advice...get some away time! i can totally watch him anytime.

brooke said...

My kids say "hold you" too which is so funny and I say, "ok, hold me please".
Anyway, my mother in law said my brother in law was totally like that. But she figured out that if she held him the first 30 minutes he was awake for the day, just sitting and watching a cartoon, that he got his fill for the day. and she had 2 other little ones older than him at home.
Maybe that would help, start him out with time just for him, then get the day going.
Good luck, that can be really hard.

RS said...

What a sweetheart your little Robby is. He's such a handsome little guy too! I love hearing about all the funny little things he says. Gives me lots to look forward too. But I better take advantage of the long naps that Will takes while they are still around! -Katie

jessamyn said...

This is such a sweet post!! Robby is so adorable. I think Robby and Johnny have a lot in common... their little quirks are so cute and so exhausting at the same time! Johnny always likes to sit in my bed with my while I check my email in the morning. Little boys are the cutest!

Dayna said...

That is soooo sweet!!!! Pretty soon he may hit the independent stage where he has to do absolutely everything by himself. Not sure which one is better. You guys have a cute relationship.

ALSO..... Thank you for your insight on my blog!! I checked out the hypnobabies website (I even read your and Amy's birthing stories) and they sound incredible. I want to talk to you guys more about it- is there any way we could all get together for lunch or something? I am one of those pregnant people that feel the need to be insanely prepared in all aspects of what is to come-ha. Let me know :)

Liz said...

Just get used to doing everything in 15 minute increments. That's about all the time you get before they need something or you again. But they do grow up way too fast.... He's a cutie!