Wednesday, April 01, 2009

A BYU Birthday Party...

I told Robby a few days ago that we were going to have a BYU Birthday Party for him and that is all he has been talking about.... asking everyone individually... "Tyler, you come my BYU birfday party?" "Annie...." "Becca...." "Robby...." SO EXCITED. "My BYU Birthday party cake...." everything has been about his BYU Birthday Party. Mind you I really didn't have anything "BYU" planned except asking people to dress in BYU clothes and having some blue streamers... I obviously haven't been in *party* mood lately and kind of had to throw this party together last minute... so that's why I was so grateful and excited that my brother Andrew got this guy to come to Robby's party.....




Yup, Cosmo came in his Cosmomobile and kicked off the party! The party was an instant success. You should have seen Robby's face.... if I can figure out how to get the footage from our video camera on here I will show you his face cause it was awesome...


Go BYU!


Robby was much less scared today at the party than when we see Cosmo at games. He still wouldn't let him hold him but he was giving high fives and happy! Cosmo was so nice - he let all the families take pictures with him and hung out until he had to leave to go to another BYU event!


They got to check out the cosmobile! Pretty awesome!


Some of the girls....


The first cake I've made in..... years? And yeah it's from a box but still I just don't make cakes... Thanks Becca for taking him this morning so I could make this for Robby!
Robby looked at the cake and he said, "Go BYU!" Promise he can't read but it did say Go BYU so it was pretty cute!


He got some awesome gifts! Olivia is ridiculous with her homemade gifts -Robby was so excited about this BYU book she made him!!!

It was a great party! We couldn't have it on his *actual* birthday, tomorrow, because Rob has something for work he couldn't get out of, so we'll just have to celebrate some more tomorrow!

GO BYU!

16 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Es, it was SO FUN and you did such a great job! Robby is such a great lil' man I hope he had a good day! Love you both lots!

Andrew said...

it was a great party and i'm so glad the "special guest" worked out!

Rosie and Derek said...

Oh that is awesome, it looks like he had such a great time!

katd said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our sweet babies! Can you believe they're two? Hope you and Robby have a great day!

RS said...

What a great party! I can't believe Cosmo came! So cool! -Katie

Liz said...

Happy Birthday Robby! We love you! So glad you had a fun party. Wish we could have been there. We love you!

jessamyn said...

Oh I love it! That's so awesome that you got the cougar... Cosmo? (I didn't know he had a name:) to come! And really cute pictures, everyone matches... I should make everyone always wear matching colors for all future birthday parties... the pictures just look so sharp!

Jeff and Hayley said...

I can't believe Cosmo came! How awesome! What a fun party :)

Becky said...

okay, that is STINKIN AWESOME! I saw the picture of Cosmo and outloud said "No way!" And yes, I am sitting here by myself in front of my computer. Looks like it was a blast. Great job Esther. And Happy Birthday Robby!

Lindsey Phipps Wise said...

Sorry, I haven't been to visit via blog in ages but golly I sure am glad I did today! What a wonderful birthday celebration and how cool that Cosmo came! Robby is seriously too adorable and so smart and sweet. :) And you're such a wonderful mommy. Love ya!

The Romney Family said...

So much fun, Es! Kate and I had a blast, and Robby obviously did too, so major supermom points for you for a huge hit, even though you've had a LOT more to deal with lately. You are such a good mommy, and we love you guys so much.

Dayna said...

THAT IS AMAZING!!!!! Talk about an all out byu birthday. What a lucky little guy. Sounds like a great time. You are a thoughtful momma.

Tiffany said...

WOW! I can't believe you got Cosmo to come! I didn't even know he did things like that. How fun for little Robby!

Nancy said...

That's so cool that Cosmo showed up! What a lucky birthday boy! I can't believe he's 2!

Great job on the cake, ps! I'm all about cake mixes!

ERK, MRK, & GRK said...

That's so adorable!

The Romney Family said...

Hey, Es, random but I wonder if you could maybe email me the highest quality version of that picture of you all with Cosmo? No hurry, just whenever you have a minute...