Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tot School

Tot School

I have to thank Aubrey and her post about snowy days because it was in the comments that I found the link to this Tot School site!

I have spent hours browsing that blog and all the blogs linked to it and getting so inspired! I have just been feeling like such a lazy mom lately! We've definitely spent too much time watching Blues Clues that's for sure. I am just so glad I found something to inspire me to get more creative with Robby. Really my main problem is I can not come up with ideas myself - so here I just found the jack pot of super easy great activities to do with my almost 2 year old!

Saturday I went to Ikea and Micheals to get a bunch of supplies. I had nothing. I had to buy GLUE! It was fun but also a little overwhelming. I just got some of the basics and we'll see how it goes from there.

My first fun activity - making this cute cardboard guitar I found here. Check that site out for more specific directions on how to make it.


First - draw the outline of a guitar on a piece of cardboard. I drew the outline and then let Robby color it however he wanted.


Then I cut out the guitar as well as a black circle for the middle. I also got some kid scissors and let Robby use them on other paper - I wish I had a picture of his face when I told him he was able to use the scissors! Priceless!


Then I poked holes in the top and bottom and threaded pipe cleaners through. I taped them down in the back. Oh, and I also totally cut my finger trying to poke one of the holes. So be careful.


And then have a little dance party! Ok so he didn't exactly *play* the guitar like you might expect but he did enjoy it.


Then later today we busted out the new easel we got at Ikea! Robby's first time really going crazy with chalk.

Next thing I want to try is one of these ISPY bottles!

5 comments:

Cindy said...

How cute! It looks like he had SO much fun! I'll have to check out the site because I feel the same with Jack. I need to do more things with him... can you believe their almost 2!!!!

Nancy said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing!

Jessica Ryan said...

thanks for the plug on the I Spy bottle (I think you got it from Allie) I saw that you bought glue... lots of glue... if you go to my site you will see the Matisse inspired collage. These are SO SUPER EASY to make and they are fun and beautiful!

http://doodlebuglounge.blogspot.com/

Aubrey said...

Groovy! Glad you guys are having fun. My sis-in-law just gave me a new book full of STUFF> I'll have to show you, it's pretty cool. :D

Dayna said...

Cute ideas!