Monday, May 04, 2009

The Bears are in town!

We're so excited Joel & Kristine & little Joseph came out to visit us from Maryland!! Yeah!!!

We had a yummy Mexi-feast yesterday at A&B's with homemade tortillas, my first attempt at making the cafe rio pork, and tons of other good food. Since I've had a nasty cold I haven't taken as many pictures as I should've so I missed getting any that night.

Today we went to visit our dear Gran...



This amazing woman had 17 children - my mom was #3 - and has an amazing posterity. Her 98th grandchild is due this summer and she has 100 great grandkids and counting! Impressive huh??


Later today we all met up at the park for a picnic which was great!

8 comments:

mostly Stacy said...

Ahh Gran! Go you for making the effort. I think she painted that squash in the background, It hung in our house for a while when she lived with us.

Cindy said...

Looks like fun! Robbie is looking like such a big boy!! What a cutie!!!

Olivia Carter said...

Oh gosh Gran! What fun! Hope you feel better soon!

Dayna said...

WOW. I had no idea your mom was 1 of 17!!!! That is incredible!! I can't believe your Gran has 100 great grandkids. That is really unbelievable.

Sounds like a great time with friends!

The Romney Family said...

DEFINITELY--we would love to come swimming anytime! I'm dying to see how Kate will react. She seems to love water so far, at least her bath... I guess cold swimming pools are a little different, though. haha Anyway, for sure, we would love to come whenever--let us know when it's a good time! I can't believe spring is actually here (knock on wood) for good!

The Romney Family said...

By the way, that squash picture--SO pretty. Did she seriously paint that???

Merrady said...

ahhh! this is so fun to see. i should call gran tomorrow! happy mothers day to you, too!

Meredith O said...

This wass great to read