Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Robby....

Robby has been saying the funniest/cutest things lately! He's getting so grown up! I wish I could record all the funny things he says each day and there are moments when I think there's no way I'll forget that but then even as I sit here trying to record some of the latest ones I know there's tons I've already forgotten! So here's a few recent things and whether here or somewhere else I'm going to try and be better at writing these things down!

Today when he was outside on the balcony playing he was singing to himself, "head me, guide me... whalk be-hide me..."

Also today while he was outside he called out to me, "Mom! Please wyipe my nose!" And so I came out and wiped his nose and when I was walking back inside he said, "Thank you mommy wiping my nose!"

This morning he was playing in his crib right after he woke up and then he started yelling, "Mom! Come 'mere reedy quick! My need to go out-hide and play baseball! With Mommy and Daddy!! Mommm!!!!"

I picked up a piece of his pop tart that had fallen and put it in my mouth. He said, "Mom, you got pop tart in your mouf, mommy?"

He still sometimes asks me to put my hair down - doesn't help with the fact that I am self conscious about myself with a ponytail! Today walking down the stairs to the car he noticed my ponytail and said, "Mom, you got your hair up?Mommy hair down!" All in one breath... sorry kid, not with this dirty hair!

Today at the gas station we were getting a drink and he looked up at this old guy with a white beard and said, "Mom, that Jesus!" The guy didn't seem too pleased about it! It was better before when he couldn't say Jesus clearly when he's pointing at look alikes in publics! Oh well!

Whenever he doesn't want to do something and I ask him why not he says, "because that bad for me!" Mmm.... how to argue with that?

Now he's into negotiating and counteroffering - like I'll say, "how about we go get our shoes on and get in the car?" And he'll say, "How bout we not get our shoes on!" It's such a fun game... just so fun to watch their minds learn and catch on to things!

He is just hilarious and I should write down all the cute things he says each day!

8 comments:

Tara said...

So cute. It was fun seeing him the other day when Linds took him to the fair. He and darc jumped on the tramp together - and let me tell you - that boy can jump! He loved it. Great post.

Olivia Carter said...

ah, he is such a cutie! And that's a great pic too.

Amanda and William said...

I miss yall. Period.

Anonymous said...

That is so funny!! He is such a cutie!

stephanie said...

I didn't know that Robby doesn't like your hair up... why, on earth!? So funny.

Rebecca said...

He's such a cutie! I need to be better about writing down the funny things my kids say too. By that same night I've usually already forgotten them!

andrea. said...

he is such a crack up!! i love that you wrote down all the funny things he says...you should totally do that all the time!

Cindy said...

Seriously... so stinkin cute!!