Thursday, August 20, 2009

Sticky Chicken

Tara & Kandice asked me for this recipe so here you go! I got it from our new Parsons Cookbook - this recipe is from Rob's cousin Heidi.

Sorry no picture.... it sounds good enough though, you'll get the idea!

Sticky Chicken
4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cube of margarine
1/2 of a 21.6 oz bottle of Hunt's Original BBQ sauce
1/2 of a 12 oz can of root beer or Dr. Pepper

Melt margarine in skillet. Add BBQ sauce and soda. Bring to a boil. Add chicken and coat with sauce. Cover w/lid, simmer for 15 minutes. (Usually served w/green beans and potatoes)


Super easy and fast! I served it with red potatoes and Rob ate his with extra BBQ sauce on it.

Thanks Heidi!

4 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Yummy... that sounds just fabulous!

Tara said...

Thanks lady! That is SUPER easy and fast. And I have red potatoes in my garden that need some eating. Oh, and I tend to always have a little DP hanging around at my house.

kandice liljenquist said...

Amazing!!! Thank you so much! My husband will be so happy to have home cooked meal!

Lisa and Alan said...

I'm going to have to try this one out, thanks!