Friday, November 07, 2008

Quattro's trip to Cookie Cutters

While my mother is an amazing hairdresser I did not inherit any of her talent in that department! (unlike my younger sister, Rachel) Luckily Rob learned how to cut his own hair on his mission and I sometimes assist with cleaning up the back. We've buzzed Robby's hair twice before and it was always fine but I just thought it'd be fun to take him to get a real haircut at this kid's place Cookie Cutters.

So the kids get to pick which car or airplane to sit in and can even pick out a show to watch too. Quattro loved sitting in the car and thought everything was pretty neat until the girl turned on her clippers and he got a little scared. Good thing - it only took about 2 minutes for her to do the haircut. Bad thing - since she only took 2 minutes on it I'm still finding long stray hairs I need to trim. Hmm....



All in all it was a good experience. He got a cute little haircut, a balloon with a lollipop and cookie cutter attached to it, and got to play on the slide in the store. And look at how cute he is!



He is very proud of his haircut! He looks so much older...

So the girl spike his hair up in the front with some kind of gel/pomade stuff and I could not get his hair to do that with the regular old gel Rob uses. Any ideas? I could call the store and ask what they use....

9 comments:

The Thatchers said...

So cute! Wow, I can't believe how grown up he looks!! I use "Got to be Glued" on Keaton's hair and it is amazing. You can get it anywhere...grocery store, Walmart...

Rebecca said...

No ideas for his hair, but, man, this kid is cute!!!

Jeff and Hayley said...

He looks so cute with a big boy haircut!

Josh and Melissa said...

Little Robby is so cute! He looks so big with his big boy hair cut- all spiked up! Also- perfect Halloween costume!

Olivia Carter said...

That hair cut made him look so old & do cute! Good job! Next time it's Rob's haircuat time I'd not buzzing it again- a real hair cut make them look so old!

Lindsay Jane said...

The Got to Be stuff that Lisa recommended is great. I also like American Crew Fiber, it's how I get the cowlick in my bangs to behave. It's pretty pricey so you may not want spend that much on a kid that's under 2 and could not care less about his hair.

Malea said...

He looks like a little man! And hearing the video, I realized I am totally missing his childhood! I'm so glad we're doing dinner. I'll bring my camera to capture him before he's all grown up!

Dayna said...

Cute!!! He does look older! The stuff they put in was probably more of a mold than a gel. Like a pomade you said. You could probably just get it a grocery store. Bed head has some good pomades.

Lobdell family said...

I love his haircut. He is such a cute kid. I can't wait to meet him.