Monday, November 24, 2008

Some days you just need to go to Kmart!


Never thought THOSE words would escape my mouth.

Thank you, Liv, for introducing Quattro and I to the best $.25 activity EVER. Kmart, which is about 3 minutes from my house, has a couple of those kids rides which kids normally freak out when they see and desperately want to ride but normally it's like $.50 and lasts 10 seconds. Well, they have this one ride that fits 3 small children, costs only a quarter, and lasts almost 2 minutes or so. And these kiddos love it!

Proof:



Sometimes we just need to get out of the house, or pull our hair out.... so some days we stop by Kmart and spend a few quarters, or I get a drink at McDonalds while he plays in the play zone. Of course we also color and play with clay but it seems like he likes those things in phases....

What do YOU do these days with your small children? Maran just blogged about this and I have to tell you I was taking notes from the comments she got but could always use more ideas!

3 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

OH man! That dang thing is a life saver! It was fun going with you guys & the kids dug it!

Max & cheese was kind of that way- poo on the economy for it being closed!

IN some respects the Provo library- that circular reading area & the fake computers.

Or McD's. A Diet Coke for us & the play area for the kiddos!

Of course you know all my suggestions cause we do them together!

Rosie and Derek said...

We used to love that Kmart ride, what a deal!
In the winter we usually frequent the fast food places with a playland-- Carls Jr, McDonald's, etc. Occasionally we'll go to Chuck E Cheese, or the Bean museum at BYU. Story time at the library is always fun.

Cindy said...

Oh man I could use a day out with you fun ladies! I miss you guys SO much! I wish Jack had your kiddos to play with still.... sniff, sniff... Love ya!