Saturday, November 01, 2008

Halloween... finally!

So Halloween has finally come and gone! We had a fun day.... even though Robby shed a few tears I think overall it was a success. And I'm kind of glad Halloween is over.

The kids wore costumes when we went to work out at the gym, we went and trick or treated at the mall, and then I went to A&B's to trick or treat outside. Taba and gang came down from Salt Lake that was fun!

So when I first started thinking about costumes I had really wanted Robby to be Cosmo for Halloween but the outfit didn't turn out exactly like I'd planned. I found this little Lion outfit/vest thing at Costco and I kept rotating between him being a lion and a BYU football player because the jersey didn't fit too well over it. Finally I just went and bought a bigger jersey and voila - he's a little funny looking Cosmo!


Since Rob's been working at the Dreaded Grove he's missed out on a lot of the Halloween fun. I'm glad he could come and trick or treat with us at the mall. And Aunt Lindsay too! Even if you can't see her eyes here! The kids were so excited to see her there it was fun.

All the cousins! Gwen, Robby, Anna, Tyler, Quattro, and Annie. Check out Andrew's awesome outfit and how funny Quattro looks from the back! He kind of looked like a bobble-head.

Visiting dad at the Dreaded Grove

So tonight is the LAST night of the Dreaded Grove! Hallelujah! I don't think I've even mentioned that he was working there this year. If you remember last year how relieved I was when the Dreaded Grove was over.... I said we'd never do it again. But this year it wasn't as many nights and he really wanted to do it again and I'm a pushover (wait, was that my outloud voice?) and can I really complain he he wants to work more hours and bring in some extra cash? Oh wait, yes, I did but that's ok because tonight is the LAST NIGHT! Ahh....

But tonight since it was the last night we (me & A&B) took the kids over when Rob was heading over to do a little walk through just for fun. Quattro was not scared at all and just was running through the trail, trying to keep up with dad. I think he was just too little to be scared. The other kids were pretty nervous even though it was light out for most of it. We got to take a little ride in the Argo thing (it's like a big four wheeler except it has more than four wheels... I don't know how to describe it. A tank? That goes on land and water?) and Quattro loved that too. And I am loving that this dang experience is over! Almost!

And can we just talk about how he was the cutest little edible looking lion last year?

9 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Woot, woot! Thanks for doing all sorts of fun stuff with me on Halloween- we had a blast & baby Robby was the hit of the mall! Everyone LOVED his costume! Great job, lady!

Lindsay Jane said...

Aunt Lindsay and her CLEAVAGE. I dressed up as a hooch for Halloween - can't you tell?

Aubrey said...

He looks so cute in his costume! Gotta love Halloween, soooo will you be doing the dreaded grove next year? :)

RS said...

Esther (this is Katie, btw)- Robby's costume turned out great!

Cindy said...

Great job on Robbies costume! What a perfect idea for him! Looks like you guys had SO much fun!

Amanda and William said...

So I have to say... Es- your bangs look great. Robbie- I love your gray leggings. You two and that other Rob need to come to our house more often!

Dayna said...

I LOVE all the new posts and all the new pictures. He is the cutest cougar (cosmo) I ever saw. Sounds like you guys had a great Halloween, and might I say that girl trip you had looked like a blast!!! How fun you got to go and do that!

katd said...

What a difference a year makes! Although he's just cuter and cuter, if you ask me:) Love the costume!

Brookie said...

such a cute Halloween blog! i live in Ogden, work in Provo and sleep in sandy....don't ask. what about you? is you hubby in the military??