Saturday, June 27, 2009

boring....

Why am I so boring lately? I have nothing to blog about...

what's happened lately....

Quattro climbed out his crib for the first time ever on Tuesday - AHHH! He scared the crap out of me - I had put him to bed and was watching a show and I hear this, "clunk clunk".... and so I went in the hallway to investigate and sure enough Robby OPENS his door.... ahhh! He looked pretty scared like, "what did I just do?" And the first thing he said was, "My want my daddy!!!" (Rob wasn't home that night) So I just held him for a few minutes then was putting him back in his crib (I didn't really want to react to his getting out of the crib, didn't want to make a big deal out of it, give it too much attention, you know?) and he says, "Mommy, me got down!" I just said, "I know you did but it's bed time so we need to lay down and stay in our crib, huh?" He said, "Hus." (Yes)

The next day he demonstrated how he did it, he was pulling himself up onto his dresser which was next to his crib... so I just pushed the crib farther away from the dresser and he hasn't done it again since. But I'm sure he'll figure out how to do it without the dresser some time soon but ugh I hope not! I just am not ready for him to be in a toddler bed or to have the "freedom" to get in and out on his own! I've looked into those crib tent things but they are like $60 and I don't have the money for that right now. But if it comes down to giving up naptime or shelling out $60 I might just have to shell out the money!!


Look how happy this kid looks to be trapped inside his crib! Awesome, huh? :)

Robby's such a crazy kid! He's talking so much more every day... just becoming such a little boy! In the car I was playing a kids cd for him and he kept telling me which song he wanted, "Moon song, mom!" "Twinkle twinkle, mom!" And he'd say, "me can't hear it!" when he wanted me to turn it up... He says "me" or "my" instead of I.

He can't really sing the whole alphabet song but he'll yell out as we drive down the road, "E for Mommy!" (Esther) or "Look! W for Will!" He can recognize a good handful of letters and it's just so fun to hear him call them out when he sees them! And it's so cute how he can't say V, he says "Bv for Bvanessa!"

We had a fun day with Tara and Darci last week - we went to a fun park but the best part for these kiddos was the flooded sidewalk! They spent at least half an hour just running back and forth through the water!



I was grateful it was one of those days I actually was prepared and had a change of clothes in the car for him! Which we desperately needed after this!!

He's been going around singing, "Happy Birthday to Robby.... Happy Birthday to Robby...." over and over... I've got to get that on tape cause it's hilarious. And he can sing along pretty well to I'm A Child of God and I Love to See the Temple - those are the two songs he always wants me to sing at night. Then he asks me to sing, "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10!" Um?? I'm not sure what song he's referring to so I sing a bunch of random stuff counting to 10....

Poppa (my father in law, Robert) was in town today and so everyone came over for lunch to our house which was so fun and Robby had a great time playing with Grandma Parsons! (Robert's mom) They were playing in his room and I went in to check on them and he basically pushed me out of the room! "No, mom, go out dere!" Okaaaay. And then Poppa came over to read Robby a bedtime story and help put him to bed and he was soooo excited. "One more time, Poppa!" over and over and over again after each story! And when we put him down he was saying, "Poppa don't go! No Poppa go!" Ahhh.... it's good he likes his family.


(reading books w/Poppa at Christmas time)

Last one.... tonight when we were saying his prayers before bed he was repeating after me...

Mom: "And please bless Daddy..."
Robby: "Bwes Daddy"
Mom: "And....."
Robby: "and Gwandma Hazel!"
Mom: "And...."
Robby: "and Gwandma Hill..."

It was so cute! I love that he's catching on and learning so many things! This really is such an amazing age!!!

Sorry for all the random thoughts.... this is really my only journal source! Gotta put this stuff down somewhere!

5 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Oh my goodness- babies and getting out of their cribs! Curses! And while I totally was going to get a tent thing I think they semi freak me out. I don't know...

I love that Poppa came over to read him a bedtime story. so sweet!

And the prayer story is so cute. These darn kids are the best!

Tara said...

Love your post! It is so cute and I love that Robby.

But, as for you my dear, I'm afraid you totally jinxed yourself! Wasn't it less than a week ago you were telling me about how he hadn't figured out the climbing out gig! That is awful/hilarious to think about. Good luck teaching him to stay in.

MoJo said...

Don't fret Esther. Ella is in a big girl bed, almost 4 and still takes naps. If there is no nap, there's always quiet time. I make her go in her room and read books in bed (she goes in my room so as not to wake carly or secretly play with toys) till Carly wakes up from her nap. Sometimes she sleeps and sometimes she just talks and sings to herself but I still get my quiet time. :)

Cindy said...

Oh so cute! Jack and Robby would be such good friends! They are SO alike! Robby seems like a mellow little guy and that would be good for Jack. He is getting SO wild!!! I was looking at your blog the other day and he saw a picture of Robby and said "Robby"! It was so cute and I was really surprised that he remembered because it's been like 4 months since we saw you! We need to see you again!!

andrea. said...

i CANNOT believe that he climbed out of his crib!! scary! is it max's fault?!