Saturday, June 13, 2009

Who are we?

Rob wanted to play football this morning so I was planning on going to the gym.... but no one else showed up to play ball.... so he suggested we go hike the Y.... huh?? Ahhh, you guys, what are we becoming? Camping, and now this? Hiking.... the Y?? We've been talking about it for a while and since we were both ready for some physical activity we figured it was a good time.

Oh yeah, and we learned a good lesson - NEVER trust MY memory... we all know it's faulty but sometimes we don't really think about that. From my one former experience in hiking the Y I was picturing this wide, paved path that we'd be able to push the stroller up.... no no no no. So Rob was a champ and decided he'd just carry Robby.... so there were times Robby would walk, ride on daddy's shoulders, and I carried him for about 5 minutes total.... but WE DID IT!


We were pumped at the start.... not really knowing what was in store for us...


Rob just HAD to get to the very top of the Y. Quattro was very excited to be on, as he calls it, "Y Mountain."


We were super sweaty and exhausted.... but it was fun! And a rewarding view... Quattro thought it was so fun to pick up little rocks all along the way... he had so much fun!


But it is so steep! Yikes! Be careful!


Our little family...


Much easier on the way down.... whew....

It was a lot of fun but let's be honest, it was tough! But I was proud of us.... and we'll probably do it again...

8 comments:

Nancy said...

He's such a good little BYU fan. :)

Dayna said...

way to go! that is definitely one challenging hike, but feels so good when you finally make it.

Olivia Carter said...

Oh I love it! I want to hike it so bad!

Rosie and Derek said...

Looks like so much fun!!! We really want to do that one of these days.
Oh, and we saw you in the parade last night. We (me, Melodie, & Kristen) yelled your name but you couldn't hear us. Hope you finished before the rain started!

andrea. said...

we have yet to do that hike. it look like so much fun!

Lindsay Jane said...

No really, who the heck are you?

Cindy said...

That looks like SO much fun! I want to go hiking, camping, something SO bad!! I guess for now I'll live vicariously through you! You and Robby look so cute!

Vanessa said...

I bet it was Rock Canyon you were picturing the paved walk ways? You guys are becoming so adventurous, I love it!! :D