Monday, August 11, 2008

Random Robby-ness 2

I haven't blogged for days! I wanted to post this little journal-ish entry that's pretty much just all about Robby....

Robby, Robby, Robby! He wants to drive the car all the time! Today after the gym I let him sit on my lap while I straightened out my horrible parking job and then we sat in the car for a few minutes letting him “drive.” One of the first things he does when he’s in the driver seat is to crank up the music! We were listening to Leonia Lewis’ Bleeding Love song which he loves to dance to. After a minute he reached down for the IPOD and picked it up expertly and skipped ahead to the next track, a catchy tune by Fiest. He was boppin along, having a great time!

Andrew & Becca let us borrow their cute little tricycle that Annie has outgrown. We let him ride it around our little patio and he loves it. He can kind of push himself forward and backward with one foot – there is no pedaling involved yet! J Often he wants to get out and try and load up the little bucket on the back with balls… normally they’re too heavy and make the bucket fall off the trike and then he just starts the process over. He loves rolling balls back and forth with me and he’s actually pretty good with them! I wonder which sports he’ll play when he’s older – assuming his obsession with balls sticks. Can’t imagine it won’t.


The first thing he wants when he wakes up, besides milk, is “ba,” or, ball! As I’m typing he’s running around the kitchen with a football and a smaller bouncy ball-ish-ball, screeching, “ba! Ba!” This is also the incentive for him going to the daycare of the gym – they have an awesome assortment of balls and little basketball hoops and he loves them!


New signs Robby’s learned lately – some we made up for cousins and friends including, Tyler, Anna, Gwen, Annie – and some from the Signing Time dvds we rented: Time, gorilla, rhino, butterfly, panda (sort of), animals (sort of), stop… I don’t remember the others… He made up a sign for music and driving the car… We also made up signs for Sydney, Liv, and Lindsay that we’re trying to teach him. You can tell he gets excited about learning new signs and it’s fun for us. The cutest is how much he loves the opening song to the show Signing Time – he points to his wrist, the sign for time, when he hears it, and starts spinning in circles or dancing.

He loves music and is always bouncing in his carseat to my music. Rob will not be thrilled when he hears Robby about cried when I stopped the car in the middle of Justin Timberlake’s “Sexy Back” song that I love. “More more,” he was signing! So funny!

Sorry this is a random post but it’s all these little details about Robby that I want to remember and be able to share with him when he’s older!

Other cute Robby pictures - Robby playing with a dog at the park... the dog's owner was so nice and let Robby "walk" the dog. He's getting more happy & less scared around dogs.

Playing at the Children's Garden at Thanksgiving Point... checking if his nostril is still there... yep... it's there...


4 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Man, that kid is just SO CUTE! I love the lil' Livie sign. Let me babysit him sometime. You go get a massage & we'll party over here!

Tara said...

He is so darling.

Rosie and Derek said...

He is such a cutie! It's so fun how much personality they can have even when they're so little.

ERK, MRK, & GRK said...

Eric and I have gotten more laughs out of these darling posts than one would think possible. So darling! Oh and I love that you are basically famous too! That's so fun!