Sunday, August 17, 2008

Yeah, Robby!!

Just wanted to post that Robby had another poop on the potty Saturday morning!! Yeah!!! I sat him on the potty after hearing a little boom and knowing it was around the time he usually goes. He sat there for at least five minutes but nothing. So he got in the tub and I kept telling him to tell me if he felt like he needed to go - we taught him the sign for bathroom and we're trying to get him to associate that with "i need to go." I was watching him in the tub, jumping at every little gasp or stillness... he signed hurt and then pointed "down there" and I wasn't sure what he meant. And then he did it again and sounded really upset and so I grabbed him and set him on the potty and he immediately went! I was shocked!

While he didn't sign "bathroom" like I thought he might he still was trying to communicate that something was going on which is a good start!

And then he went tink on the potty later that afternoon after his nap! Just set him on it and he went.... that might've been a lucky coincidence but still an exciting thing!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Yay, Es! That's so exciting! I love it when Rachel goes in her potty!

Olivia Carter said...

Woot, Woot! Congrats bud! That's terribly exciting for you!

The Thatchers said...

Wait...you are talking about baby Robby...right?!?!? That is awesome!!

Lisa and Alan said...

Congrats! Glad the sign language came in handy. What are his most used signs? I got to teach Mace some of that stuff!

Lindsey Phipps Wise said...

Great job Robby!!! :) Isn't that so much fun? Interesting that he signed hurt before he needed to go. Mirabelle always tells me that she has an "owie tummy" before she goes poop. And as soon as she wakes up in the morning and from naps we rush straight to the potty for a story and a tink. I'm on the same page as you...the fewer diapers to change the better! And I love helping her feel so proud.

I also love the few cute ideas you mentioned from Beca's book. How fun! And how much fun little Robby seems to be having these days! I love all of the great pictures. I also love the great painting of you and your pals. It seems like you have such an incredibly fun and special relationship with your girlfriends. And you're such a great mom!

Love ya! :)