Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Breaking Dawn

Friday night we all went to the release party for Breaking Dawn, the last book in the Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer.


Yes, we are nerds, but look how cute we look! Ha ha... so we made our own "Forks" t-shirts and on the back it said Cullen, Liv's said Black, and Malea's said Switzerland.... We won fourth place in the tshirt contest which was fun.

Lay & Liv showed off their stuff in a trivia round....

Becca and I pigged out on some oreo shake thing.... don't worry, we got two larges so we could share!

And then we got our books at midnight! Thanks to Liv & Malea who waited in line Friday am to get a wristband we were #77 in line.... they stopped handing wristbands out around 1000 I think.... and there were still people left over! We would have been waiting for our book for forever!

Went home... started it that night... finished yesterday by 3 pm! Whew! It was a great book. I knew I had to read it fast because everyone would start talking about it and I hate hearing ANYTHING about a book I'm reading.

I still think I liked The Host more than the Twilight series but that's ok.... just means all her books are awesome!

5 comments:

The Thatchers said...

Oh you guys look way cute in your T-shirts. Looks like you guys had lots of fun...I just went and got mine at Sam's club...no line, no waiting, no games, and definately NO oreo shakes!!! I got the shaft.

Rosie and Derek said...

How FUN!!! I'm so jealous! I should have gone to buy it Friday night but I ordered it from Amazon and it STILL hasn't come. Oh well, I'm still reading The Host right now anyway.

Olivia Carter said...

Woot, WOOT! That was so much fun! We are total dorks, but come on' that was SO FUN! I don't care who mocks us!

Lindsey Phipps Wise said...

Wow! It looks like you gals had so much fun and I love your shirts. I also love reading and will try these books out. I'm so impressed by your photo framing skills. Robby is so so so so so so cute. :)

ERK, MRK, & GRK said...

You guys are SOOOO funny! I love this! Your shirts are darling, what a fun night!