Wednesday, August 20, 2008

We miss you, Babu & Dyedu!



We had a great visit from my parents recently! Now that they have 3 of their 7 kids living in Utah, or, more importantly, 7 out of 11 grandkids, we're hoping they will come out more often! :)

My dad won Robby over by creating a game of stroller hockey - chasing balls around the church gym! Robby loved playing with my mom so much that the day after she left he went around signing grandma and saying, "Boo" for Babu! So cute!

PS - Their nicknames are short for Babushka and Dyedushka which are the Russian names for Grandma and Grandpa. Since a few of my siblings and I speak Russian we thought this would be a cute nickname for them. And it's convenient because Babu is a lot easier to say than Grandma for a one year old.

And aren't these cousins just so cute together? I love it! They are such good friends and it's been so fun living near each other and getting to hang out all the time!



(Anna, Gwen, Robby, Tyler - then Quattro, Robby, Anna, Tyler, Gwen)

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Esther, I LOVE the pic of the big four lying down on each other. So sweet. If we didn't get one that cute, I'll have to get a copy from you.
And, once again, here you have a beautiful post that I really should just link to! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Es, these are just precious. They remind me of all us kids growing up together.

Lindsey Phipps Wise said...

Ahhh...way too cute! I love your nicknames for the grandparents and I love getting to see all of these great pictures, especially your mom with all of the munchkins! How fun for all of the cousins to live close by and play. You were my most favorite cousin growing up and it reminds me of our fun times when we got to visit! x