Friday, April 11, 2008

I am so impatient.


Those who know me know I am pretty impatient. I don't like wasting time and I like to control as much as possible.

Rob's parents were kind enough to offer to get Robby a big boy car seat for his first birthday! I was so excited about this purchase I couldn't even wait for them to come out for Rob's graduation to shop for this so I started looking online and found an amazing deal on a Britax Marathon. My mother in law was nice enough to let us order this one and now I'm just waiting for it to arrive!

Waiting.... I ordered it April 5th. It shipped April 7th. I have the tracking number for UPS.... which I check about 6 times a day to see exactly where in the country it is and why it isn't at my door yet!!! It has been stuck in Hodkins, IL since April 9th. Grrrr.....

I am impatient. I know this. I am just really excited for this carseat. I am really excited for Robby to sit forward facing in the car. The last several days have been especially bad when it comes to the car seat.... I get near the car and he starts gripping my shoulder.... I open the door and tell him he just has to get in his seat for a few minutes and he cries and stiffens his body. Ugh.... I am really hoping that sitting forward facing will make him a happier boy in the car. Which will make a happier mom in the car! :)

Come on, UPS! Hurry up! Every time I see a UPS truck coming down our street I watch out the window and watch as they deliver some package to someone else hoping he'll hop back in his truck and come out with a very large box and head in our direction.... Maybe Monday? Hopefully!

P.S. I know I am crazy.

7 comments:

Aimee said...

Esther . . .

Just so you know, you are NOT crazy! I am the same way about things I order on the internet (which is a lot, I am addicted to shopping). I have been looking at big girl car seats as well, I haven't found one I love yet. What torture to have to wait for SO long :)

Tiffany said...

that carseat is so great! We have the Britax infant carrier seat right now and love it. and we will replace it with the one you're getting when she is ready. Britax has the highest safety ratings in a lot of categories which is nice. That's so sad that Robby knows what's coming when you're walking to the car! poor kid. I hope it comes soon!

Betsy said...

Yeah, big boy car seat. I was so excited when Ella got one and was facing forward, they are so much happier. I have that exact car seat and we love it. It is so comfy for Ella, she usually doesn't mind it.

The Thatchers said...

Ha ha...good to know I am not the only one like that!!!

Olivia Carter said...

I get SUPER impatient when it comes to packages & especially something I really want like you've been wanting this car seat!

Cindy said...

The more I get to know you, the more similar I see we are.. I am totally impatient and I feel the need to be in control too! So, to me - you're not silly. I hope it comes on Monday for you! I hate having that feeling of anxiety every time you want to go somewhere...

Lindsay Jane said...

My fingers are crossed that it comes today. If not, you need to call UPS ASAP.