Friday, April 04, 2008

One year check up!

So yesterday we had Robby's 1 year dr apt. I had made the apt for a Thursday afternoon because Rob doesn't have class but since he already started working part time he couldn't come with me. By a stroke of luck I ran into Amanda (almost LITERALLY ;)) on my way there and she hopped in the car and came with us! It was such a blessing to have her there to help! That would've been so hard to do on my own. Robby was ready for a nap when we left the house so he was tired and kind of cranky but was such a champ! He let Dr. Savage check him out and was very cooperative and friendly with her! He was not a fan of the 2 nurses who tortured him with his shots but after a minute of sadness some graham crackers and apple juice touch away the pain! Thank goodness!

Robby has grown alot since 9 months! Let's compare! I even put the percentiles for those who like that kind of thing ;)

9 month apt.....
weight: 16 lbs 8 oz - 5th %
height: 27.5 in - 50th %
head: 44.5 cm - 25th %

12 month apt....
weight: 21 lbs 4 oz - 25th %
length: 30 in - 60th %
head: 46.5 - 50th %

So not only has he gained weight but he's gone up lots of percentiles.... he wasn't gaining weight for a while there and even was losing weight for a few months.... so we're happy he's grown so much! And we're excited for him to switch to a big boy car seat soon!

7 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

What a good boy! And he's getting SO BIG! And those shots are the worst! And I hope he feels better soon! And we need to chill during Priesthood session!

katd said...

He's growing and growing!!! :) Those shots were TERRIBLE! I couldn't believe it. I have to say again how much I love being blog pals with someone with a baby the exact age as Lily. It's so nice.:)
And I love the comment you left on the kids' birthday. It's crazy to think we were in Salt Lake waiting for Lily to be born and you were right there having Robby. It gives me the chills:) Small, small world:)

Anonymous said...

I hate those shots. For some reason I went by myself when Hannah got her flu shot. Hannah gave me the look of "why are you doing this to me?" I almost started crying myself. She was a little more snuggly that day though.
Have you guys found a place yet? Email me if not and I will get you the info of those condos in the greater Lindon area

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lobdell family said...

Your little boy is very cute. He is growing good.

Lindsay Jane said...

I have to admit, I love the chunk he's putting on.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I could be of assistance . It did not feel like I did much considering it was my first experience with baby shots and I freaked out when they stabbed our little man FIVE times! But his mommy was clam and I pretended I was. Glad I could have this experience Es!