Friday, April 18, 2008

Moving

We mentioned that Rob got a job and we'll be staying in Utah! Hurray! But we are still moving... we need to be out of our place at the end of THIS month and we'll be moving into a new place the end of NEXT month... How does that work out? Well, we're going to be in Maryland the first half of May (Rob will only be there for a week and we'll stay longer) and then we'll hopefully be able to stay with family until we can move into our new place - they are being finished being built.

We're really excited about getting into a new place, having a change of scenery, getting further away from campus... it'll help make it feel more like a life change. I'm most excited about the kiddie pool that our new place will have!! Hurray!

So with that being our situation we are currently trying to pack up our place and prepare to live out of a suitcase for a month. Packing is not fun. I feel like we have soooo much stuff. We have about 2 big boxes full of games - that's a lot for people that don't actually really ever play games!!!

Psst... my husband is a serious pack rat! He insists that we keep about 4 different versions of Monopoly even though we never play it and if we did we'd only need 1!!! And that's only a small example... Ok, don't tell him I told you that...

If anyone has any bright ideas on where to get moving boxes, preferably for free!, let me know! I'm about to start driving around and checking dumpsters. Oh, I did check Craigslist and KSL - lots of people asking for boxes not so many offering....

7 comments:

Betsy said...

When we moved I went to different grocery stores and asked for boxes. A lot of times they tell you what day to come back or they may save them for you. Good Luck.

Anonymous said...

I remember always being able to get boxes at Costco, they have them by the check out line for people to use, mostly shallow ones to put groceries in, but it would at least be a start?
Also the boxes at offices that the reams of paper come in are pretty sturdy, good for books, or other small, heavy items.
Good luck! :)

Olivia Carter said...

Hey I've heard liquor stores have a lot of boxes- I think. Most people might be freaked out of going to a liquor store :)

Also if you don't feel like taking a ton of time searching- then sometimes Costco has a pack you can by with different shape boxes, markers, tape, etc. That's what we did when I just had Rob & was too pregnant too go around looking & then too tired after I had him. Could be a good option.

Aimee said...

Esther... I know all about PACK RATS ... it sounds like we are both married to one. I have been slowly trying to help Mike realize that it is okay to throw something away that you haven't used in 5 YEARS. Good luck with the packing! You are right ... packing is never fun.

Rob Parsons said...

I'm not THAT big of a pack rat--although I do have to admit I tend to like to hold on to things--and with the monopoly--it's like 2 sets and one is a Washington D.C. set and one is an Exclusive Resorts set. How can you get rid of either of those??

(It is kind of ironic since my entire philosophy at work revolves around reducing waste but it's different when it's my stuff:)

Tiffany said...

I have also heard State Liquor Stores are the place to go. Good luck with your move. Yuck!

Cindy said...

Moving.. ahhhh, I am SO not looking forward to it - I feel for you! PLEASE let me know if we can help... Seriously.