Tuesday, April 08, 2008

School Paper

For class I had to write a paper on why you should paint the floors in a factory. There really wasn't much research information-- I even asked the professor if there was somewhere I could find more information and he basically said no. So I scrounged around and tried to find what I could. I had to email a couple people and figure out a lot based on my internship last summer. So I finish the paper and turn it in hoping I get a decent grade but didn't really think it was that well done. When I got it back my professor specifically mentioned in class that one of the papers was very well done--and guess what--it was mine!!! I was really surprised--on the paper he wrote that I did a great job with a crappy topic and that it would be the most cited paper on the topic in the world. I don't know about that but I got a perfect score and that's good enough for me.

My teacher also has a website that he runs and he puts up his favorite papers each semester so you can check out my paper there when he posts it. The site is: www.freequality.org

7 comments:

Lindsay Jane said...

Way to have the most cited paper on a topic...regardless of the topic that's pretty cool! Maybe we should paint the floors of the APX warehouse. We don't have a factory but I think APX blue floors would be pretty cool.

Mike said...

Nice job Robby. By the way, Aimee wanted to invite you to view our blog, but we don't have your email address! Esther...can you email Aimee and give it to her? Thanks!

Olivia Carter said...

Congrats Robby! That's big news- you could put that on your resume! Woot!

And PS tell you wife that i LOVE the new colors on your layout- very spring-ish!

Rebecca said...

Way to go Robby. That's exciting.

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of junior high when you pick an endangered species to do a report on. I picked Volcano Rabbit and was soon very sorry. I think I kept putting it off and just hoped the teacher wouldn't notice I didn't turn it in. I did not get a perfect score.

Rob Parsons said...

Linds--eventually we'll paint the APX warehouse floor. It's not just a manufacturing plant--it's any warehouse or other type of facility. It would still help out a lot with keeping things organized and clean. We'll get there!!

Lobdell family said...

Great job on your paper. What a subject to write on. Did other people get topics like this?