Saturday, October 04, 2008

wanna know a secret?

nope, still not pregnant!

I was just going to confess something dumb. So here it is: I'm kind of superstitious.

For example! If I'm feeling sick, like, have a sore throat or something, I will purposely NOT MENTION it because I think maybe if I don't say anything it will get better. Or saying something will surely make it worse! This happens a lot. Just the fact that I had just posted about Robby's x-rays being fine and his walking being ok then BOOM the NEXT DAY he has problems. I can logically tell you that I know those things are definitely not related but that little superstitious person inside of me says, "SEE!?"

One more example - for three or four days in a row Robby was taking REALLY LONG naps! I had to wake him up from some three hour naps and he slept as long as 4 1/2 hours one day too! All the while still going to bed by 8 and waking up around 8... I was so thrilled. I was afraid to voice outloud making plans around a potential long nap because I was sure if I did he would have like a 30 min nap that day. There were a few times when talking to Liv or Becca where I specifically did NOT mention it, just in case! I figured I'd test it out - not say anything and just wait till the did eventually end, which they have, and obviously NOT because I talked about it, because I didn't really. So weird..... I know.

And have I told you about the bad smile?? Grrr. It makes me so angry. I think some of my emotional response wires are crossed and so when there's bad news the response is this horribly huge smile that I can't wipe off my face. Bad smile has been coming around more and more often it seems for NO REASON!!! I'll be walking on the treadmill at the gym, listening to Liv talk about her day and all of a sudden I look like the freakin cat who swallowed the canary! "What?! What?!" She'll ask when she sees my "knowing smile". Ugh it drives me nuts. I know most of you tell me it's not a big deal and not to worry about it but I just think it's so bizzare.

(that is how the bad smile feels to me - is that about right, for those of you who know it well?)

I also think I have a problem NOT SHARING everything about my life with people! :) Oh well!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Es, that's so funny. I do other things that don't make sense...like eating all the rest of the chocolate so I wont be tempted by it any more... brother!

Cindy said...

That is so funny Esther! You are TOO cute!! :)

Lindsay Jane said...

The smile is close, but there's something missing in your eyes. And honestly, I bet that if you didn't think about it no one would even notice it!

Sarah said...

I tagged you!

Olivia Carter said...

I love weird smile & I'm glad I get it daily! It's the bomb- though I know it drives you crazy!

And I"m glad you are an open book cause so am I!

Dayna said...

haha you are funny. sometimes i am superstitious too and almost exactly how you described it. i always think i am going to jinx things if i say something will happen or if i say i want something to happen. glad to know i'm not the only weird one out there!! haha