Thursday, October 16, 2008

Kennecott

In looking for some new field trip ideas we asked Tara, our local Utahan, if she knew of any interesting places we should visit. She suggested Kennecott Copper Mine which we'd never heard of. It turned out to be a fun time! It was kind of crazy to look down into the mine which is 2 1/2 miles wide and 3/4 mile deep! The trucks going up and down look like little toy dump trucks from where we were standing!


One of the best parts of the excursion had to be stopping by Tara's house first and getting inspired by all the fun projects and decorating she's done. My favorite....

Me: "where did you get this mirror?"
Tara: "Ikea."
Becca: "Where did you get this clock?"
Tara: "Ikea."
Me: "Where did you get ____ (you fill in the blank)?"
Tara: "Ikea."

Ha ha! It is no surprise because Ikea does have super cute stuff at really good prices it just became a pretty funny joke by the end of the tour. Anyways, the point is Tara's house is really cute - and if that's not impressing you, you should see her food storage! And sorry Tara, I'm sure you are mortified that I am talking you up like this on my blog. Please let us come back! :) And thanks for the fun idea to go to Kennecott.

Any other field trip suggestions you guys have for us?

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Tara said...

Ya that is pretty much the most embarrassing thing! You are lucky I like you. :)
I am bummed we didn't get to do Wee Witches together, can you post pictures of that activity so I can enjoy them?

Anonymous said...

Es, how about a trip to the infamous point-of-the-mountain?

I forgot to tell you how funny I thought it was Robby has to turn off the light before he goes to sleep :D

Brookie said...

hey cuz! its me Brooke, Aprils daughter. i saw a link to your blog on my sister lauries blog, and i think your little family is so adorable! i didnt know you were in UT. i would love to catch up sometime, even if it is just through e-mail. i am sure your time is commited to mother, and wife hood, and mine is my hubby, then my job.i guess i just wish i kept in better contact with my cousins. i think family make the best friends. anyway, message me back if you so choose, i think i will copy-cat you and write my quirks in my blog.

Malea said...

My house is always a fun place to visit. :) Just kidding, but I do miss you!

Lobdell family said...

We used to go there all the time with my grandparents on my dad's side. There is another mine outside of tooele if you are interested. My grandfather worked there for a very long time.