Monday, October 27, 2008

Fun Chicks

I am kind of shy of blogging about this but I can't not say anything about it! Last year during our Thanksgiving celebration we had the brilliant idea to do separate girls and guys nights so we could each have a night out without bringing along all the kids. Us girls had the most hilarious time talking and laughing and devouring some chocolate fondue.

Somehow... (thanks Liz!) the idea grew into something bigger - a whole girls TRIP! Before we even realized what happened we had successfully all ended up in Mexico having an amazing weekend! Ahhh.... Thanks for all those who helped with the kids - especially Andrew who had to put Robby to bed multiple nights while Rob was at the dang Dreaded Grove!! I was so nervous to leave Quattro but knew he loved all the people that would be watching him while his daddy was working. Sounds like he did pretty well and it was definitely worth the short separation to go and have my mommy batteries recharged!

MaryAnn sent the cutest invitations out to each of us to "Party with the fun chicks!" and that was the theme of the trip. These girls really know how to have a good time! We were so happy to have Gaye along with us who has been in the family WAY longer than I have and it was fun to get to know her better. Just a FUN group of girls!


Hmm... can you tell which one is the IN-LAW?





Drove a golf cart for my first time, ate yummy meals approximately every 2 hours, swam with dolphins, read my book in peace, slept in, stayed up late....

To next years' trip!! ;) Or at least another kid-less night with y'all!
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Mandi said...

This looks like so much fun. I think I might have to try to do it with the girls in my family.

Olivia Carter said...

Gosh, that looks like a BLAST! I'm totally jealous & you came back all tan! (& Quattro did well too!)

Rosie and Derek said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun!!!

Rebecca said...

Don't you love how in that one picture, it looks like the straw is totally stuck on my tooth? Classic!

It does feel sort of like a dream, huh? Sure was a good one!

Rebecca said...

Don't you love how in that one picture, it looks like the straw is totally stuck on my tooth? Classic!

It does feel sort of like a dream, huh? Sure was a good one!

brooke said...

Wow! Looks like fun with the girls for sure. A few months ago, 2 of my girlfriends and I went to Corpus Christi for 2 nights and I'm craving more!!

AP said...

wait a second... NEXT YEAR?!?! i thought this was like, a once in a lifetime kinda deal... whoa, whoa, whoa! let's just make sure the GUYS trip happens before the moms cook up their next outing ;-)

Cindy said...

Looks like you girls had so much fun! I'm glad Robbie did well! YEAH!

Cindy said...

Looks like you girls had so much fun! I'm glad Robbie did well! YEAH!

Liz said...

I knew you'd have pictures posted before anyone else! :) They are so fun to see. It really does feel like kind of a dream now. I'm glad everything worked out with all the kids. I even came back to a clean house! What fun! Sorry Andrew - I don't think we are going to be able to keep this to a one time deal. Here's to partying with the fun chicks EVERY YEAR!!!!!

Tiffany said...

wow! What a fun idea, and an even better place to go to! Glad you had a great time, and of course you would come back all nice and tan...