Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Quirky? Me?

I don't know if I'd ever describe myself as "quirky" but I will try and find six quirky things about me... I've seen this Tag everywhere lately and thought it was fun so thanks Sarah for tagging me.

You may think this is a cop out but after trying to think of quirky things about myself for 2 days now I decided to use two of the things I just blogged about the other day. Click on the links if you want to read the whole story about those and haven't already....

1. I am kind of superstitious...

2. My emotional wires are crossed producing a really weird smile at inappropriate times.

3. This one is pretty embarrassing. I don't answer my phone and I sometimes hate voicemails. Please do not take it personal if I don't answer a phone call from you. Sometimes... lots of times... I just don't like to talk on the phone. I have gotten a lot better at answering my phone (ask Liv!) and I can logically recognize that it's a weird "quirk" about myself. Really, text messages are my favorite. They take about one second to read and are easy to respond to. Emails would probably be next runner up... I am a social person, I don't know why I feel this way about talking on the phone but I do. But don't feel bad calling me! If I'm really not in the mood to answer it I won't but I promise I will get back to you and by calling you are giving me a chance to work on this weird issue of mine. :)

4. I have a really bad memory. I don't remember a lot of things from my childhood that my younger sister does. I am more likely to forget my wedding anniversary than Rob... I don't know what he gave me for Christmas last year... but I think for day to day things it's much better - I'm not a forgetful person in general.

5. I do about 10 loads of laundry for a normal persons lights/darks! You've got your whites, your lights, your darks, your white gentles, your light gentles, your dark gentles, light towels, dark towels.... and of course what goes in the dryer or not is always a very important distinction! This has basically given Rob a "get out of laundry duty" pass for our whole marriage.

6. I tell you I've been thinking for days now and I am just not that quirky. I can't think of anything else. Feel free to add to this list in the comments if you can think of something else.

I am just going to tag anyone who wants to do this cause it's fun to learn things like this about people!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

K, so the phone thing I'm totally with you. I've never had anyone escribe my feelings better. As a social person as well I don't know why this is. I am a big texter. I hate when I'm texting someone and they call me because they dont want to text. It has nothing to do with who's calling, sometimes you just don't feel like it. The only tie I pretty much always answer the phone is when it's rob.

Lindsay Jane said...

I'm with you on the texting - so much more efficient. And for a long time I would have said your laundry methods were weird but I'm starting to adopt them.

Heather said...

hello! I found your blog when I searched for the Farnsworth cider farm. and i saw this from 2007 http://estherandrobby.blogspot.com/2007/10/farnsworth-farms-cider-mill.html

Are you related to Tabitha? One of the girls in your photo looked like my roommate from BYU named Tabitha who married Ben. If so, please email me at happyfam@gmail.com so I can get in touch with her. I keep losing her.

heather price smith

Olivia Carter said...

Whoa- that's kind of a small world comment up there! COOL!

Now, about quirky things about you. I think there are more than you think. I have always feel like I'm not very quirky or have much personality. But then once people start pointing things out you remember.

A couple quirky things I can think about for you:

1. you use random french & russian words in everyday speech

2. you call a toilet a "toto"

3. you buy larges when you are NOT a large

4. you like have Eminem on your ipod (so do I, but people may think that's quirky about you)

5. you know A LOT about getting pregnant (people if you want the facts email Es- she'll give you the nitty-gritty)

There's a lot more but this brain of mine is slightly fried. Basically I think you are neat & I like you.

Cindy said...

I love this blog about you! It's so funny! I have the SAME issue with the phone... exactly!! Jared thinks I'm so weird. Txting is the BEST invention ever! And I like you too!

Dayna said...

sometimes i get in that 'i dont want to talk on the phone' mood too. its weird. its even with steve. like... he'll call me when we are apart and i dont even really wanna talk on the phone (even though i miss him like crazy!). its weird.

and i too have an AWFUL memory. i seriously think i've forgotten almost everything from high school already. its sad. and i have a really hard time remembering names.

it was fun to read those about you!

Pincockbears said...

what a cute blog, es! ooh, we're like polar opposites with laundry. I do laundry like 2x a week so it's only one load those two days. dump it all- 2 cups of detergent, run that baby on cold! you know, it's because everything i wash is BLUE anyway- joel has blue uniform for work, and joe has blue everything. :)

i'll have joel think of your "quirkiness"...as your sis-in-law, i'm not qualified to comment :)
love u guys!