Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Big Boy

Lately I have a lot of people telling me, "Oh wow, he's a big boy!" when they learn Robby's age. This is so funny because when he was little he was in the 10th percentile for weight and looked very small.... Let me tell you something though, people have no idea what kids are "supposed" to look like for each age. I don't know! I'm horrible at guessing ages. I just think it's funny that people all the time would say, "oh, is he small for his age?" and then the next person asks, "whoa! How much does he weigh? He's big!" People just don't really know and that's probably because there is a wider range than they think.

Anyways! Robby is growing and while I know percentiles are not that important (again, they just represent what a big range there is for normal), it is interesting to see how he's grown.

12 month apt....
weight: 21 lbs 4 oz - 25th %
length: 30 in - 60th %
head: 46.5 - 50th %

15 month apt....
weight: 25 lbs 6 oz - 60th %
length: 32 in - 75th %
head: 47 cm - 50th %

and yesterday's 18 month apt....
weight: 27 lbs - 60th %
length: 35 in - 100th %
head: 47.5 cm - 45th %

We are really hoping that Robby inherits some of the Pincock genes when it comes to height and so far it looks good! :)

He did pretty well at the appointment except that while we were waiting for the doctor he said he had to go potty. Anytime I try putting him on a big regular toilet without his potty seat he will not go so I told him to just go in his diaper. I wanted to change him before the doctor came in so I asked if he was done and he said no and started running around the room. I assumed he just didn't want a diaper change. I quickly changed him and then one minute later..... yeah. Ugh! And then I had to go out to the car to grab another diaper. Grrr.... oh well. I should've listened to him. It's just hard to tell sometimes....

Here are some funny Robby pictures for your enjoyment! ;) I was doing dishes one day and he had gotten these bowls out and sat on the floor putting them on his head. Of course I grabbed the camera....



I think this one's my favorite....

5 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

That kid is SO CUTE! And where the heck did you get those cute brown cords. I want them!

Lindsay Jane said...

What's funny to me about baby Robby's body is that sometimes he looks short and round and other times he doesn't. Maybe it's his clothes?

Anonymous said...

Oh these gave me a good laugh, Es :D
And I LOVE the brown cords...

Dayna said...

i love the last picture too- he has such a sweet little boy face.

Dayna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.