Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Target pictures...

So last week we took our very first professional photos! It was kind of a lot of work... you know, picking out everyone's outfits, actually blow drying my hair (which ps - every time I do people ask me if I cut it... I guess that shows how often I get ready, huh?), making sure Robby doesn't spit up on his outfit, waking him up early from his nap (of course the times he actually sleeps long I have to wake him!) to get ready, getting there barely on time, waiting....

But then the actually photo shoot didn't take very long. I liked the experience just fine - not great, just fine. The girl taking the pictures said it was her first time working at that studio. She put us in only 2 poses as a family and then did just baby Robby. I wish you could see the picture right after they take it so you know what needs to be fixed - like my hair, or the fact that I look like I'm hiding behind Rob's head....

We didn't come away with an awesome family shot that I wanted to turn into a big portrait but we bought a couple 8x10s. These are the ones we purchased:




Then here are a few others....



You can see them all on Target's Smile Station thing. Just enter "Esther Parsons" as the customer name.

It was fun and I learned a few things for next time... like don't wear my hair just plain ol' down -- I kept fiddling with it between every shot and it just was not working... and try on everyone's outfits first! Baby Robby's shirt was a little too big - he looked kinda gangsta which Robby the dad liked of course....

Oh well! We will try again another time!

4 comments:

stephanie said...

LOVE the picture of Robby w/ his mouth open (right above the diaper one)! I nannied a 3 month old this summer who smiled like that all the time - it made me always want to kiss her... so cute!

Nancy said...

Cute! I second Steph's choice. I love that one!

Olivia Carter said...

Oh Es, they turned out WAY better then I expected- better than my Target pictures turned out. I know what you mean about wearing your hair just down- I wore mine in a pony tail- BIG MISTAKE! Oh that baby Robby is just SO DARN CUTE! So, really they look good!

Mrs. James Quigley said...

He is getting so big, I can't believe it.