Friday, October 26, 2007

Why we left Joe Vera's....

Is that what it was called, girls?

So tonight for the first time in my, what, 6 years of living in Provo, I walked down Center Street just looking at each of the shops. There are so many different places to eat - who knew? Rice King may not be the only gem on the strip! I probably won't find out though to be honest... tonight's experience only reinforces to me why I stick to tried and true eating establishments...

This girl in the new Gelatto shop next to Los Hermanos (which ps the Gelatto was good but the prices were pretty steep so go in for your free sample and see for yourself if it's worth it) recommended this Mexican place on Center Street called Joe Vera's (at least I think that's what it was) so we headed in that direction trying to decide between that and Rice King and when we saw that it looked pretty normal we popped in to try it.

First of all we waited for at least 10 minutes for them to "get our table ready" while they seated numerous other parties before us. What is really so difficult about adding 2 highchairs and a booster seat? And right as we were walking to our finally prepared table the waitress swipes the chips and salsa platter off of it right before our eyes. Um, that was what we were there for! She hands them to a party who came in after us and got seated at the same time we did. Ok.... maybe you have to order them? No, I checked with the couple at the table next to us.... they were complimentary.

We waited another 10 minutes for a server, waiter, bus boy.... anyone! No one talked to us. Our only thought was maybe it was because we had 3 small children with us so we look like we could be ignored?

Well I tell you what - nobody ignored us when we stood up and walked right out of there! Sure the waiter was just on his way over at that time but it was a day late and a dollar short. We did have plenty of time to peruse the menu and found it it to be a tad on the pricey side for who knows what reason.... we'll never know I guess!

So we ordered take out from our usual favorite, Costa Vida, and ate at my house where hopefully Liv and Linds will say the service was a tad bit better. At least we don't discriminate against those with small children.... ;D

2 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Amen! I meant to blog about this but now I'll just refer people to your site b/c you said it sister! YEA for Costa Vida

Anonymous said...

I don't think anyone there could have possibly known what VALUABLE customers you guys were! I mean, if it was a good place, you guys would have been back TIME and TIME again and not to mention telling EVERYONE you know what a great place it was....
their loss!....big time :)