Thursday, September 18, 2008

must be doing something right

Today Robby got mad when I was trying to wash his mucky little hands - normally he loves washing his hands and I can't remember what it was he wanted to be doing instead but he was upset and he flung out and swatted me in the face. I let out a big, "ahhh!" and was still processing it and made that "ow and oh no you didn't" face when his expression totally softened and he wrapped his arms around my head and hugged and then kissed me.

He really has gotten the whole hitting thing under much better control lately - it was ridiculous for a good two weeks! - but it was really sweet that he realized he'd hurt me and *apologized* before I could even get any words out...

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Hey Esther! Robby is getting so cute and SO smart! I miss him! I wish I could see him and how he's changed! I miss you too!! I feel bad I haven't written or commented more, I check out your blog all the time though. You guys are so cute!!

ERK, MRK, & GRK said...

Kids are so smart! I loved that he gave you a little kiss and hug, precious!

Maran said...

Esther- Scott and I found out recently that you have Seth and Fabiola Taft in your ward. We went to their house for dinner about a week ago and Faby told me that you were her visiting teacher. Seth and Scott went to high school together! Anyway, just thought I'd share with you that we know someone in your ward! Robby is such a cutie! Hitting can be very hard to control so it's a good thing you guys have got it under control.